Do You Regret Having Kids?

I mean, not that you regret them, just... did you miss out on something and wish you would have waited? You know? What are some of the pro's and con's is what I'm really asking.

Jadelynn.Moore

Asked by Jadelynn.Moore at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I had my oldest a month after I turned 18 so yeah in some ways I wish I would have waited until I had been in college and better able to support her. I dont regret having her though. I believe everything happens for a reason and for whatever reason me having 3 out of 5 of my kids before I was 25 was meant to be.

Answer by gemgem at 2:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have never regretted having my kids in the way you describe, meaning I missed out on anything. Anything I could have done without kids I could still do with kids, though it might be harder or take longer. School was a great example of that for me ... I went back for additional degrees after I had children. Might it have been easier to do without? Perhaps ... but it still got done and that's what I focus on!
    Anonymous

• I dont regret having my kids at all. I got pregnant with DD at 16, and for me it was the best thing that could have happened. straightened me and DH out alot and I thank god everyday for giving my kids to me...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Definately dont regret having my son. I had an ectopic pregnancy and had him a year later. Ive since had 3 miscarriages and I'm starting to think I may never have any more. So I'm so glad I have my son :) No matter how much grey hair he has given me lol. I had my son 3 weeks before I turned 21.
    jmgblair10

Answer by jmgblair10 at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I believe to answer that question every body has their own percpective. Though, for me; being a young mother i do not regret having my child though i wished I have waited. but thinking about it more if it wasn't for my daughter I wouldn't of gone back to school. Only becuase I never attended of going to college but now going, my daughter has givin me the courage of not only facing the real life but my new goals of life.. :)
    momila

Answer by momila at 2:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't regret having DD (or being pregnant with #2). I DO regret the timing of DD, mostly for selfish reasons, we didn't have our own place to live when I got pregnant, we weren't doing incredibly well financially, etc. It was very hard to be so stressed about money and being pregnant. I regret that I didn't get to stay home with her longer simply because I couldn't afford to.

Of course, it all worked out and we are doing much better now, so it was all meant to be. :-)
    Anonymous

• There were times when I wish I would have waited for marriage, I was 21 when I got married, I hadn't lived at all. As far as having children, No. I enjoyed being a young mom of 23. My kids are not 17 and 11. Hub and I are in our 40's, it's nice! We are young enough to stil have fun and not have to worry about finding sitters for the kids lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was 40 when DD was born and DH 53--we don't feel that we have any unfinished business because of having children!
    jmpj8107

Answer by jmpj8107 at 2:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Regrets I have very few if any, my kids were the best thing that ever happened to me regardless of putting some things on hold for a while.

Answer by older at 2:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't regret anything. That said, I didn't want children and we did everything we could to not have more after the first one, then after the second, and after the third we had my tubes tied. For as much as I love my children, I wish I could have had them tied long before they were born. I simply don't feel I'm the right person to have children - I could be much more use to this world if I could focus my energies elsewhere...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011