Just wanted to know when can i take my child to the dentist?

momila

Asked by momila at 2:25 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

• I took DD when she was 2 for the first time. She is going to be going again soon and DS will go at the same time and he is 1 1/2
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Whenever you want - some dentists like them there at 6 months, a year, etc, some don't want them before they're 3. If you want to take them, find a dentist that will see them.
    Anonymous

• They say when they start getting teeth, but i believe thats too early, so i took my first daughter when she was 3
    BrandiM189

Answer by BrandiM189 at 2:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I dont know about Dr. offices but I'm sure you can take them in when your kids are 3yrs. I did to make sure every thing was good. Then you just go from there and they will let you know when to come in from then on..
    butterflies78

Answer by butterflies78 at 2:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I worked for an endodonist for years and he used to say that it was crucial to have your kids in as soon as 6 months. It doesn't hurt to begin cleaning their gums before they get teeth because of the bacteria build up in their mouth, but it is up to you in the end.
    JezebelKel

Answer by JezebelKel at 2:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think the main issue with taking a toddler to the dentist is making them comfortable with the dentist looking in there and poking around. I have a really hard time brushing my 2 y.o. DS's teeth, but I took him to the dentist anyway with the big kids so he could see how it all works. He was not very cooperative and didn't get much of a cleaning from the hygienist, but at least the dentist got a little peek and said it looks fine.
    nepenthe429

Answer by nepenthe429 at 2:38 PM on May. 23, 2011

• DS has been going since he was 18 months old.
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 2:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• mine was 18 months but they just checked his teeth they said they would start with actual check ups at 2
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I plan on taking my son at 2.
    momkaribg

Answer by momkaribg at 2:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I started mine at around 2.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:52 PM on May. 23, 2011