Do you love decorating for the holidays, or is it a chore?

I am having a super hard time getting into the spirit. I love when the decorating is all done, but hate having to do it all. How do you 'get into the spirit'? I need help.

QuinnMae

Asked by QuinnMae at 9:41 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Holidays

• I love decorating... I do most of it myself and tweek it all throu the holiday season... I will add or rearrange something if needed...
    I will start early(decorating) and can have it down and nicely put away (after the holiday season) within a few hours...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 11:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I know what you mean, this year I am grumpy about having to go buy a tree, but when I look at all the houses around all decorated it makes me want my house like that.
    Apr1l

Answer by Apr1l at 9:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• It's a chore for me. I hate putting up the tree and all the trimmings

Answer by louise2 at 9:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah, we have a tree, but I have to be the one to decorate it. All DH helped with is taking some things out of a box, dusting it off and putting it on a table. Thanks, DH, what would I do without you? Sorry, I don't mean to complain, I just hate having to always be the creative one.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 9:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ugh it's a total chore. I have final projects and finals in the next 2 weeks that I have to worry about, and for the past 4 years I've been in school and hated even thinking about putting decorations up! What's even worse is taking them down and putting them away...what's the point!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 10:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Putting it up and taking it down is definitely a chore...but I love having it up and seeing it in my home lol.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:18 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I love the decorating part , it's the taking down that i don't care for!
    leahc

Answer by leahc at 11:21 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Decorating is a passion of mine...no matter the time of year!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I loved decorating this year because of my son. It's his first xmas and I can't wait for him to rip his presents open lol. I didn't feel so great about decorating all the yr's before, but when you have children it makes Christmas come alive!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Okay, I bought myself a santa hat and will put on some holiday music to try to liven the mood. Maybe I will have a margarita (I know it's not a holiday drink, but I hate gageggnog, so it will have to do).  Now I just need to come up with some creative ideas for the staircase and get busy!  Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.  I will love it once it's done. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:14 PM on Dec. 8, 2008