Harold Camping ‘Flabbergasted’ Rapture Didn’t Come: Still Worth $117 Million

This past Sunday–the day after the rapture was supposed to hit and God would destroy the universe–Family Radio fraudster Harold Camping gave an interview to the San Francisco Chronicle, claiming he was “flabbergasted” by the lack of end times.

“It has been a really tough weekend,” he told the reporter.

More: http://www.mediabistro.com/fishbowlla/harold-camping-flabbergasted-rapture-didnt-come-still-worth-117-million_b29497

Seriously this guy is a whack job. I cant believe anyone took him seriously.

Asked by gemgem at 2:29 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• His is a broken man who chooses to not be held accountable for this behavior. I find it sad that he seems to be wasting his golden years on this instead of using the money to help the poor, the widows and the orphans!
    However what did come out of this is the exposure of the hearts of the people.... those who chose to follow this man instead of the voice of the Lord.. It will have an affect when Christ does return that those that were exposed to false words like this will not believe it when Christ does come back..

What a set up.... so sad.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 5:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I read that and about died laughing...sorry I don't suffer fools very well :)
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 2:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Wow, everybody is still alive. That makes for a tough weekend, huh? What a nutjob.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 2:32 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah, really tough. @@ And now he is worth so much more money that should help him "get over his disappointment" at there not being a Rapture...whatever THAT is.
    Yes, I know what some churches believe---about the "Rapture". But Good old Harold USED IT for his benefit. That happens alot with "Religious people". Maybe he was just delusional....but it cost his sheep-like followere too much money.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I never believe what a person has to say about the end of the world. Only God knows and last time I checked he was not God! Lol!
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 2:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I can't believe anyone took him seriously either, gemgem.
    popzaroo

Answer by popzaroo at 2:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• gemgem

Comment by gemgem (original poster) at 2:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• So now that the "followers" know how much he is worth; how many do you think will sue him for undo stress LOL.. or are they happy just to be alive since doomsday didn't happen as he stated ???

midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 2:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• how did he make his money off this prediction? that's a question i haven't seen answered.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He is an idiot...
    Mikayla_lynn

Answer by Mikayla_lynn at 2:36 PM on May. 23, 2011