What should I do with this fb friend?

I told this married former classmate that this was my last e-mail and how everyone looks old from 25 years ago. He also forgot it was my birthday. so he writes back it was my son's prom and did not go on internet much and notifications have the birthday section messed up. Then he tells me how beautiful I am. HUH? What do you make of this guy?I have trying to close ties for awhile, because it has become too emotional...but why did he say that to me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:38 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• well i dont know how birthdays could get messed up. but anyway i think he's trying to flirt with you since you have mailed him first, he must of thought you were trying to create something up and he just hurried to the point and flirted with you since he probably thought it was obvious its what you were trying to do.

i guess just ignore him and stop fb mailing him? if anything, i would make sure all messeges are visible to everyone by writing on his wall at the least or commenting on his stuff.
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 2:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He's married..Let it go and don't complicate it any further than a friendship on FB.
    JezebelKel

Answer by JezebelKel at 2:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Drop him and be done with it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If you don't want to be friends with this person anymore then just ignore them...what does it matter why they said that to you...stop talking to him, block him, whatever you have to do. It's not hard to cut off an internet friendship, I think your making things harder then they have to be.
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• its FB..not brain surgery. unfriend him and get on with your life.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 2:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just stop communicating with him. He's married and it sounds like he is getting too involved. Do you, him, his wife, and children a huge favor and delete him as a friend. Do the right thing for everyone invovled.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't get it...you said that you've been "trying to close ties for awhile"...now your saying you want to keep the friendship...which is it?
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Wow, I guess I am in the miniority here as far as keeping this friendship. I am also taken by the way so it would never get anywhere offline anyway.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He will post on my wall and try to make others think like we are old friends and then he will e-mail me on mother's day , just random stuff. SO I kind of did that in return. But it is very funny how he will say call me I never asked for his number and I always say no. Then there is we have to get together , yeah right I don't think so...
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• seems like you just may be reading into this fb friendship the wrong way,unless you are leaving something out
    MADUKES402

Answer by MADUKES402 at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011