Is my baby too little to see right now at eight weeks?

I'm about eight weeks pregnant with my first child, but the doctor couldn't see anything at my ultrasound so he thinks it's a pregnancy with no baby in it. So he compared my hcg from when i first found out i was pregnant to a current one. He said if it didn't rise then he would have to scrape me, so my first level was 1662hcg and the one i had done yesterday was 44658hcg, but he said it wasn't enough raise in it to be a normal pregnancy. Someone help, cause i don't want him to scrape my baby out just cause he can't see it yet.

Tia_Medley

Asked by Tia_Medley at 1:40 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Pregnancy

• At 6 weeks the doctor should only just be able to see a gestational sac. By 8 weeks you will be able to see more details, including a little heartbeat. Do not panic and if your doctor suggests anything, ask for a second opinion.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 1:46 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• with an hcg of 44658 I dont understand why he would say that it is not a normal raise! I would definately go for a second opinion BEFORE I would agree to the dnc. Best of luck to you!!!
    jorbear

Answer by jorbear at 1:54 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Usually if they can't see the baby on ultrasound, they can insert a vaginal type ultrasound just to make sure there is a baby there. Don't let him do anything to you until you are 110% sure. OR get a second opinion--it's your child and it's ok to go that extra mile. GOOD LUCK TO YOU!!
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 6:44 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Get a Second opinion !!!
    Jackie0216

Answer by Jackie0216 at 6:51 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• Your doctor should see something in your uterus through an ultrasound. When I found out I was pregnant with my daughter, she didnt have a heartbeat yet, but it was aparent that I was pregnant. If I were you, I would get a second oppinion before anything is done, just to be sure.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 7:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• second opinion gurl!!!
    sweetandpetite1

Answer by sweetandpetite1 at 8:43 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I had an ultrasound around 8 weeks do to complications and they could see him
    sexyeyes0702

Answer by sexyeyes0702 at 3:09 AM on Jul. 12, 2008

• at 4 weeks they saw no baby on a belly ultrasound but then did a vaginal ultrasound and saw both my twins so GET A SECOND OPINION AND GOOD LUCK
    cherri_bloss

Answer by cherri_bloss at 12:14 AM on Jul. 14, 2008