Do you let your kids cuss?

tastymama

Asked by tastymama at 2:48 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Um...no we don't it's pretty unbecoming on a 6 and 3 year old. However, when they are older/ teens, I probably won't give a flying flip.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 4:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He's 18....and he normally doesn't around me..........but when he slips, he ALWAYS apologizes...LOL
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 2:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have yet to find a word that's worth suppressing. We prefer to focus on HOW words are used. "Good words," "Bad words" they are all just words. It's how they are used that matters, and that's the only thing we teach our children.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 2:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't allow them to cuss. They need to find other words to express themselves, I offer to help with that.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my Son was 4, he was outside playing in the field next to our house where they were doing work, i called the kids in for lunch, and he stood right in front of me with his hand on his hips and said, " Mom, I've been workin hard and i'm Pissed Off!" thought i was gonna die from laughing so hard. When i asked him to tell his aunt what he had said, he just looked at her and said, " Shiiiiiittttt " So the husband had a little take with his mini me and told him when he (son) can beat him (dad) arm wrestling, he can cuss. I think our son was about 15.... been downhill ever since LOL
    nybor48

Answer by nybor48 at 2:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Mine are only 3 1/2 and almost 2 but No I dont and I wont be letting them do it until they are adults
    mommato2boys79

Answer by mommato2boys79 at 2:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• nope very disrespectful
    Gen

Answer by Gen at 2:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• no....and we didn't either.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My daughter is only 3.5, so no, we don't let her cuss. She knows to stop what we refer to as potty words.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 2:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Well mine doesn't talk yet and even though I won't allow it, I can already see myself hiding in another room or covering my mouth because I won't be able to hold back the laughter of hearing it in the event he says it.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011