• In the Spotlight:

How old is too old for Santa?

When did your children quit believing and when do you think it's healthy to stop pretending?

sbastille

Asked by sbastille at 10:03 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in General Parenting

• 13
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i don't really know what ages they were. i just remember saying something about santa and my daughter rolling her eyes. (she is almost seventeen now) but she kept pretending for her brothers sake (he is fourteen now ) but now that they have a one year old sister they have to pretend all over again and we are all having a blast withit. my daughter can't wait to take her little sister to see santa at the mall. but i think that is just an excuse for her to get to the mall. lol
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 10:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I think when they're ready, I know it's not a conclusive answer but I think that sometimes you just need to wait till they're ready to grow out of it, just say something and if they just kind of look at you like you're crazy or just let you know some other way that they don't believe in santa then you'll know that they're ready for you to stop the pretence.
    haleykarson

Answer by haleykarson at 10:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• when they begin to ask question that lead you to think they are beinging to understand the fakeness and then fess up before they put it all together themselves...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 11:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• What?! There's no Santa Claus?!?! LOL!

I think kids will just come right and say "Santa's not real..." when you mention they need to be good or he won't be bringing you anything this year!

Kids love to announce when they figure out a parents' little "secret."
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 2:52 PM on Dec. 8, 2008