Moms with suvs/vans

Can anyone recommend a good suv/van with very good safety features and good MPG? My 2005 car isn't big enough for 3 kids (my 2 and my stepson) also it doesnt have child locks on it so my daughter keeps unlocking the door and opening it. It scares me one time that when we put her in a booster that she will unbuckle and open the door and fall out. She should be in a booster right now but when we put her in in she kept unbuckling herself and I put her in her old convertible seat because I am afraid of her falling out when she opens the door so at the end of the year I am trading in my car for a bit bigger car and one with more features.

mommy_of_two388

Asked by mommy_of_two388 at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Shopping

• I love my 2008 Kia sorento. It has the safety locks and a nice size backseart. And i have three car seats in mine. And it is fairley good on gas plus to me it is a cute car. But i also like the 4 runners or tahoe. Any vehicle now days should have the child safety features.
    jaceyrayesmom

Answer by jaceyrayesmom at 5:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have a Ford Escape. I can squeeze 3 car seats in the back, but it's not the easiest thing. I love bigger cars, but DH would only agree to the Escape as far as SUV's go. We looked at the Vue and I liked the Ford Explorer. I would love to have a Cadillac Escalade, but we could never afford that!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:12 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Any new vehicle would have all those safety features. I'm very partial to Explorers although I looked online today at a Ford Flex.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I drove my dh Toyota 4Runner until for the last 2 1/2 yrs. I loved it! It drives really good and has a lot of room behind the back seat. The only thing is that it seats 5, and it is not good on gas. It is a 1997, though. We have put over 170,000 miles on it, so they last!!!
    AngieBry

Answer by AngieBry at 4:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I love my Saturn Vue but they aren't making them anymore. When we were looking to get an SUV we also looked at the Chevy Equinox which is very similar to the Vue.
    kirstenvargo

Answer by kirstenvargo at 9:16 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My 2011 Dodge Durango holds the kids in great. There is a third row. It gets about 22 miles per gallon.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I used to have a Dodge Grand Caravan and I loved it!! My FIL is a used car dealer so we get our vehicles from him. My husband has a company car, from his job. I now have a Ford Windstar. Both vans seat 7 people.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 8:26 AM on May. 24, 2011