Having a little issue with my OBGYNs office...do not know what to do...if I can do anything.

My OBGYNs office ONLY schedules OB appointments for the afternoons. The only time you can come in the morning is on Friday and the Friday OB appointments do not start until 11.

My issue is that I work from 12 to 6 Monday through Friday. I really can not take time off because I just started at this job a month ago. I LOVE my OBGYN. She is the same one who delivered my other two. They always let me come in the mornings before. Now if I want prenatal care I have to be late to work once a month, then eventually 2 times a month and then every week at the end.

My boss is going to be LIVID!!!!!!!!!

I have talked to the receptionist SEVERAL times about my delima to see if they would make an acception but she tells me NO very rudely. These people have made a lot of money off of me 3 babies later so you would think I could get a dam morning appointment.

Should I just try talking to my doctor OR do I just deal with it....

I REALLY REALLY REALLY do not want to change providers because we do not have midwives in the area and my OBGYN is the most natural minded one in my town.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I would definitly mention that to your doctor! There are always exceptions!
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Have you talked to your OB directly?
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would talk with the doctor herself. She is, after all, the receptionist's boss. Anytime I have a problem with front office staff or nurses I take it right to the doctor. She may take up for the receptionist, but you always do that. Then you reprimand in private. Good luck!!
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 2:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm sure they have their schedule set that for a reason, but if anyone can bend the rules I would expect it to be the doctor. I would talk directly to the doctor.
    TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would definitely talk to your doctor. Tell them the staff is rude about it and it's not like you're a new patient! And if the doctor has an attitude about the whole thing, then take your business elsewhere!
    SweetPieMama24

Answer by SweetPieMama24 at 3:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Thanks. I will talk to the doctor on Friday at my next OB appoitment and she what she says.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• good luck

mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 3:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• talk to the doctor next time your i there and if she feels the same way you do she will talk to the reception people and make a morning appointment for you i think your special enough to come in an hour earlier and if not I know it sounds bad but change ob/gyns good luck
    aliciareichle

Answer by aliciareichle at 4:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i would definitely mention that to the doctor
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 6:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Make an appointment during the normal appointment hours. At that first appointment tell the doctor why you need to be an exception to their appointment policy and maybe he will make himself available to accomodate your schedule.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:11 PM on May. 23, 2011