HELP!!!!! What should be in my diaper bag for both a newborn and a toddler or should I carry one for each kid?

Wat should i have in my bag

Littlemomma174

Asked by Littlemomma174 at 3:05 PM on May. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would totally have just ONE! two would be so hard, make it easy for you! I would have the obvious essentials, I would have one or two outfits for each just in case of an accident, I would have 2 blankets, some snacks, water bottles, first aid kit, and a couple toys. I would also bring a couple towels or a roll of paper towels just in case!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 3:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just carry one. The toddler, a juice/ milk cup.. small snacks.. and diapers I would say are the basics... the baby is where the weight is going to come from :) Formula, bottles with water (unless your breastfeeding) diapers wipes bibs. Always have a change of clothes for both. This is if you are just going out to run a few errands...
    thatgrlkels

Answer by thatgrlkels at 3:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Don't carry two have one of those big ones.

For newborn: clothes, diapers, formula, baby water, bottles, pacifier, bibs, diaper rash cream, rattle, changing pad, baby lotion.

Toddler: Clothes, pullups(if not potty trained), juice, snacks, toy, hand sanitizer, coloring book or something to keep them entertained.

I'm sure I'm missing some things though?
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 3:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I always just had the bare minimum - diapers, wipes, formula/bottle for baby (if needed), snacks/sippy cup for the toddler. I hate carrying around big bags. I would keep first aid kit, change of clothes, etc, in the car. That way they were there if I ever really needed them, which was hardly ever, but I didn't need to tote them around everywhere.
    JamieLK

Answer by JamieLK at 3:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have one bag for my toddler and baby. I carry diapers, pull ups, sunblock, snacks, bottle, water, formula, change of clothes, wipes, and my wallet. Change of clothes for the toddler stays in the car and when we go out he drinks out of cups with a straw.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 3:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• oh and a backpack or msgr bag would be most helpful here....
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 3:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• One diaper bag is fine. I had a newborn and a toddler and I took enough diapers for each child (toddler wasn't trained yet) a change of clothes each, cup for toddler, 2 bottles filled with water for baby, a small formula dispenser (saves space), a binky, changing pad, and a recieving blanket. My bag wasn't even that big and I could still fit all that in there. You need lots of pockets for orgnaizing.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 10:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I've got a 3--almost 4--year old and an 8.5 month old. I carry one diaper bag. I carry diapers, wipes, a pull up (older is potty trained, but just in case), juice boxes for the older, snacks like gummies or goldfish for the older and puffs for the younger, bottle, formula, bib, sanitizer, toys for both, extra paci, and sometimes extra clothes for them. I also carry my wallet, phone, and keys in the diaper bag so that I don't have to carry a purse, too.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 12:17 AM on May. 24, 2011

• We have 17 1/2 month old twin grandsons we haven't used a diaper bag since last fall. With a newborn it is more necessary. We took one to the zoo this week for the first time in months, mostly so we could carry extra water and juice to keep them cool.

The most important thing we grab for the twins when we go out is: a couple diapers, wipes, sippys, 2 clean cups to hold snacks when they get whiny. It is nice to have an extra shirt and pants in case of an accident, but you can just keep them in the trunk and not have to carry it around, unless you will be somewhere for a long time. Books and toys are already in the car.

For the newborn you'll need more diapers, more extra clothes and other baby stuff like rash ointment, and enough formula or breastmilk or supplies.

Ages ago we used to keep an extra "emergency diaper bag" in the car with the little things we forget (pacifiers, spoons, bibs, extra breast milk bottle, etc.)
    bojolinda

Answer by bojolinda at 2:47 AM on May. 26, 2011