What does this mean?

Here's our text msgs so far this morning:
ME: I am sorry. I really am.
HIM: 4 what? We do what we do. I'm very hurt don't know can take it anymore.
ME: Want you to know u were the best. Wish I could make it all better.
HIM: Me 2 4 not being able to do everything for everybody.
ME: Still on w8ing list 4 shelter. They might have opening next mo.
ME: I have called every shelter. Am on w8ing lists 4 them. Can we stay if I move in kids room til we can move out?
HIM: Talk 2 u when I get home.
ME: If it's bad, plz don't w8.

tell me what I should do, PLEASE!!

Babylove76

Asked by Babylove76 at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Oh honey, we aren't bashing you ~ we love you! It hurts to see one of our own hurting like you are any time, and during the holidays our sensitivities are up and our tolerance for jerks is down. Everything we tell you is out of concern, and if the answers are "short" with you, it's because we care so much that we want to get the info to you ASAP.
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 1:04 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I dont get it completely. It sounds like he doesnt want you to leave and thats why he wants you to wait and talk to you later. I would hope he is not kicking you and the kids out or making you all live in one room. I guess I would need more info to say exactly what I think, but if he is kicking you out and you and your kids have to go to a shelter then I think you should stand up for yourself and your kids and tell him to leave. Your kids shouldnt spend the holidays living at a shelter. Hope this helped a little.
    asholan_07

Answer by asholan_07 at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I assume your SO has asked you and the kids to leave? You're waiting on a shelter to come available? If so, you do know he can't just kick you out. It's against the law. Most states have a 30 day period to move out and your SO has to give you notice in writing. Check your state laws if you think you would need the time to get out.

Otherwise, I hope you guys can work it out, sorry.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 10:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Ok, so you guys are definitely splitting? Can I ask why it's you and the children moving out and not him? Are these his children? I just can't wrap my head around how it would be better for children to live in a shelter and a grown man stay warm in his home...especially during the holidays. Is there no family you can stay with? Or that he can stay with? If it's his home can't he put these little kids first just for a little while and allow them some comfort while you work towards getting self supporting.

munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 10:48 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The house is his aunts and he won't tell her we got back together almost 6 mos ago now. He is not their dad. He ASKED them if he could be their dad since their dads are worthless POS. Then he does this....AGAIN!! He did this to us last year and we ended up living in my van for 3 mos. When we started living in it the outside temp was -39.

He has depression - really bad but always has an excuse of why he can't get help for it. He is a truckdriver and can't take anti-depressants. I told him that's not true - he won't believe me. He says he has to pay out of pocket and can't afford it. Well, if you get Mommy with sticky fingers off your checking account or quit using it to cash/deposit your checks, then you might HAVE money!!!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I agree with every single comment above. He can't ask you to leave there are laws. And what kind of a man would do that to his woman and kids?? and even if they're not his kids..who cares, they are innocent and don't deserve to live in a shelter. Even worse, it's Christmas time! If he wants you to leave you should ask yourself if he's even worth wanting to be with if you are interested in staying with him, i sure wouldn't!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I just read what you wrote above...do you feel like you deserve someone like him?? Not only is his back and forth way abusive to you, but HELLO that is so hard on your kids. You should get assistance of some kind for you and yours!! Never mind him, no woman need's a man to live and survive with her children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I have a friend that's 26 and has 2 twin girls..they're father is a dead beat, has chosen to have nothing to do with them, she was on gov assistance for a few yr's and sub housing till she could get a secure job and sub daycare too. Now she's in a 3 bdrm house, with her girls just the 3 of them NO man and she's doing it all by herself...it isn't easy for her and she sometimes does struggle to make her bill's on time, but it's a hell of a lot better then subjecting her girl's to a guy that play's head games and would let them sleep in a car in the freezing cold!!! I feel bad for you, but at the same time it's your job as a mother to protect your kids no matter what!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• First of all do you have a job? And are you just relying on this man to take care of you when in fact he can't even take care of himself? Stop chasing men and think about your children! Maybe start trying to find out what you can do for you and your children.This man is not stable enough to take care of you and ur children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had a job and had to quit. My county worker asked me to quit b/c of my disabilities and my kids' disabilities. She put me on a cash and FS program for one year. In that time I am to take care of my kids' health issues and mine, our SSI denials, and legal issues with their real dad. The only thing my SO pays is the lot rent of $255/mo. I pay everything else! Plus he "borrows" money from me all the time! I only get $600 per mo! He brings home over $800 per pychk every 2 wks! I have FS for me and the kids. He is NOT sposed to eat the food and does anyway. He won't buy himself food. He "can't afford it with all the stuff he has to pay for the kids". He doesn't pay a dime for them! I do! He gives his mommy all the money in his bank account. SHE IS ON HIS BANK ACCOUNT!!
    I am NOT chasing men - we have been together for 2 damn years!
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:28 AM on Dec. 8, 2008