What do you think is justice for this situation?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43135427/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts

The guy recorded his college roommate having a gay sexual encounter (I believe it was his first encounter) and showed it to people. The one who's privacy was invaded seemed like a great kid and was a violinist. I'm sure he was just dealing with his sexuality issues and then he was humilited by finding out it was recorded. He jumped off a bridge and died after finding out what his roommate had done to him.

What do you think should be done to the roommate who invaded the guys privacy?

I think it was an awful invasion of privacy and he should be punished harshly. I'm not sure 10 years is the right thing for prosecutors to go for. I wish instead he could learn from his mistake by giving back to society since he is obviously a smart and driven person. I think ALOT of community service and a hefty fine paid to the parents of deceased or an organization that works for gay rights would help society and the student more than locking him up.

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 3:16 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• I say go for the 10 years his actions caused a death of another person.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I say he has to work for an organization that helps victims of hate crimes after serving at the very least 2 yrs prison time and many many community service hours.
    Queen0Hearts

Answer by Queen0Hearts at 3:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

• The guy pretty much made the guy kill himself which to me in a way is murder and he needs to be charged with murder!!
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 3:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• if the kid that died was gay then 10 yrs is the minimum they should ask for.. he didnt do that for fun thats hate.. and will and should be considered a hate crime..
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Death,
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 3:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It was a hate crime and should be treated as such. I just wondered if their was a better way to teach the guy a lesson than let him sit in jail for 10 yrs. People do need to be held accountable and no one gay or straight should be recorded having sex and be humiliated in that way. My heart breaks for the victim and his family!!
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It is just sad all the way around ~
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 4:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't agree with 10 years. At all. The guy was being a dick and tried to humiliate his roommate. This is not uncommon anywhere. So now he should be held responsible for his roomates psychiatric problems that led him to kill himself? I don't think so. Without knowing their relationship prior to this I don't know if it was done as a cruel joke or to embarress his roommate (meaning the difference in me tripping you cause i hate your guts or tripping you because i'm messing with you and it's funny). It may have been harsh but have you seen youtube or any of these sites of people pranking someone else? It's not that uncommon. Maybe people should just stop interacting with others all together, because people always wanna pass the blame. It's no ones fault he was so screwed up in the head he swan dived off a bridge. If i have to live assuming that everyone is insane i'll just become a hermit.
    Anonymous