my son will not let me put him down...ever i have to sleep with him...he is 2 monthes old...i would just let him cry...but i have an 18 month old too and there is only one thing worse than one screaming baby and its two...any suggestions?

bonjovimommy

Asked by bonjovimommy at 1:45 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You could strap him to you in a baby carrier... or put him in a swing or bouncy seat. That's all I can think of... I'm going to have 2 kids soon also, so if you get it figured out, let me know! :)
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I had this problem....I carried him infront of me up until 2 1/2 months.....then he discovered his fingers...now he self sooths
    PunkinLPN

Answer by PunkinLPN at 4:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• OHHHH and mine was actually getting teeth....they came in at 3 months
    PunkinLPN

• I agree with the baby carrier thing. Don't just let him cry! He has NEEDS at this age - and he needs to know that he can trust you to take care of him. :) Just keep him beside you, if that helps. Like if you're working in the kitchen and can't use a carrier, set his bouncer right by you. That worked with my little girl.
    ellaura

Answer by ellaura at 6:03 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• The babywearing idea is a great suggestion. Whatever you do, please don't leave him to CIO. I am not a fan of it at any age, but when they are that young, it is especially important to respond to their cries, as it is their only form of communication.
    MommytoNakoa

Answer by MommytoNakoa at 5:17 AM on Jul. 12, 2008