How to deal with a miscarriage?

I just found out i am in the process of having a miscarriage and dont really kknow how to take it if anyone with the experience can help im up for anything, I am an emothional wreck

shsutterfield08

Asked by shsutterfield08 at 3:25 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Im so sorry. I lost my first. People said so many rude things to me at the time. Some of them didn't realize how horrible they really were. I say you should avoid anyone who makes you feel worse about it. Take it one day at a time. Don't let anyone make you think you cannot grieve. It IS a loss. ~Hugs~
    ThatBoysMom

Answer by ThatBoysMom at 3:28 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just try and realise it is happening more then likely because something was wrong with the fetus...that knowledge got me through mine...i was a wreck the first few days,but being very logical about things...i kept saying that to myself every time I got upset about it....*hugs* and I hope you find what coping mechanism works for you but it's okay to be sad and be an emotional wreck

happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I lost my first at 6 weeks so I know how devastating it is even early pregnancy. I was depressed for months afterwards, had to get a d&c to top it off, and until I got pregnant again (i'm 34 weeks now), I wasn't happy. I hear a lot of the time, first pregnancies are m/c's and then afterwards your at a good shot. I'm very sorry for your loss<3
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 3:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• CRY, SCREAM...do what you have to! Everyone goes through this in their own way.

When I lost my baby I was devestated. I cried for weeks. I still cry and it has been 4 months. I am now 13 weeks pregnant and I still cry over the baby I lost sometimes.

I am sorry for your loss. Feel free to join the Miscarriage and Loss support group for more support.
    Anonymous

• I was the complete opposite of happymom

Every single time someone told me it was probably for the best because something was most likely wrong with my baby I wanted to KNOCK THEM THE F*** OUT!

It would make me SO VERY upset. It did not matter to me that most babies who are miscarried have something wrong with them. What mattered was that MY baby was GONE. I later found out that there was NOTHING wrong with my baby at all. There was something wrong with me! I had a hormonal issue that caused my body to basically starve my tiny baby and then I miscarried.

Most mothers I have talked to are not comforted by the idea that the baby most likely had issues anyways. I know I was not.
    Anonymous

• I've been through seven early miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy. I got through by my faith I also planted a flower on the day of EDD of each baby.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 4:59 PM on May. 23, 2011

• im so sorry for your loss although i dont know what its like to have a miscarriage i do know what its like to lose a child my son was 8 1/2 months old when he passed away on may 18th 2010
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 5:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I got pregnant last year but I never had regular periods so the dr did an US to see how far long I probably was. When they did the US I had an empty womb. There was a sack but nothing in it. She said that normally when that happens the body recognizes that something is wrong and the body is forced to get rid of the problem which causes a miscarriage. In my case the dr caught it before my body recognized it and I had to have a D&C done. That was very hard because my husband and I had been trying for about 2 yrs at that time to have a baby. It was not easy to get thru. Lots of prayers, lots of prayer, lots a prayer. I know this is how I made it past that point. Lots of hugs for you as you're going thru this difficult time.

hugs

Isityou

Answer by Isityou at 3:32 PM on May. 24, 2011