Does this sound like the stomach virus going around?

My son will be 1 in 5 days. On Friday he woke up at midnight throwing up so I got him out of his crib cleaned him up and put him in bed with me. I gave him a warm bottle of formula and he kept that down for about 10 minutes and he threw that up too. I tried a little bit of warm bottled water and he threw that up within a couple minutes. He was fine Saturday and Sunday night and then yesterday he started throwing up again. We went to a local parade and he threw up once before we went, once when we got back, and again after he had a bath. He doesn't have a fever and i've been giving him Pedialite. He's really fussy and was up for over half an hour last night crying. I know doctors won't do anything if it's a virus and that viruses have to run their course but I was wondering if this is the virus that has been going around. My cousin just had it and he was around my son too.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 10:33 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Yes that is a stomach virus. Do not give him large amounts of liquid..just small sips here and there. If you give more then that it greats a viscious cycle of throwing up. Also if he is not wanting to eat/drink for a few hours after last throwing up that is fine. It's good to wait like 2 hours until trying small amounts of fluids.

Obviously if he does not have any wet diapers, etc...then call about possible deydration.
    Anonymous

• Sorry i'm a day off. He was fine Saturday and then started throwing up again Yesterday.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008