Branson, MO

Not really sure where to put this, sorry!

We were planning on going here for vacation in June. But all I hear about it how we shouldn't because of the flooding. I have not heard much about where the flooding is, so any input?

TIA

AddyRF

Asked by AddyRF at 3:32 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Travel

• All I know is that the Mississippi river is flooding really bad...and Missouri is now under a state of emergency due to a tornado ripping through there. The south is getting hit pretty hard right now. There might be some devastation in Branson, not sure. My sister lives in Branson West which is about 70 miles from where the tornado hit and I'm waiting to hear from her and my brother to see if they are ok. Personally, I'd try to go somewhere else but I'm unsure of the devastation at this point. Sorry I can't be of more help.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 3:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Google their local news and read the latest headlines. Maybe go back a month or so. Best advice I can give ya.
    Anonymous

• I haven't heard anything about flooding there. There is always the chance of tornadoes in that area. I'd call the visitor's center and ask.
    CometGirl

Answer by CometGirl at 9:30 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Thanks everyone!

Someone mentioned to add Branson, MO on Facebook and ask about the weather. They told me that so far, it is not affected by the flood. Tornadoes are nothing new, I live in Tornado Alley lol
    AddyRF

Comment by AddyRF (original poster) at 5:08 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Hi Tia: I live just outside of Branson and also work with many of the shows and attractions. Branson is fine. We have been very blessed. There are 3 lakes around Branson and while they have been high and caused some flooding in the homes on the river banks, the shows and attractions and lodging accommodations have all been high and dry. Our neighbors on the lakes have folks staying with them and enjoying the water. The most difficult thing for the majority of our businesses has been getting the word out to potential visitors that everything is fine here and that you'll have a terrific vacation. I hope you do visit. You can also learn a lot about Branson at the official visitor's website: explorebranson.com and about some of the shows at showsinbranson.com

CindyMerry

Answer by CindyMerry at 12:28 PM on May. 30, 2011