Any tips on how to potty train a baby

whose scrared of both the toilet and potty chair. I can see that she is ready by squatting when she goes BM. she takes her diaper off but I can't seat her on either one. I didn't push the issue but would like to try again asap as my next baby is due in Sept. please please help. online research didn't turn up much of anything i though would really help. just talked about how their child was scared of toilet.

melody77

Asked by melody77 at 3:32 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is your kid? If they are under 18-24 months look into elimination communication. Ds wasn't potty trained until 2 1/2- Dd was 5 mos old when Ds was ptd. I did potty training in 2 days- I was afraid of regression in my son if he was potty trained before Dd was born.
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 3:36 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yeah your not supposed to potty train right before any big change or all your work will be for nothing and they could regress...it's also best to wait a few months after the baby is born when everything has settled down and your DD is comfortable with the changes around her...your also not supposed to worry about it until the age of 2 because before then tey really dont have the "feeling" down...my children were all potty trained around 2 1/2 within a few days.and at an older age she probably wont be afraid of the tiolets anymore.GL
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• a book called potty training in less than a day...
    girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 3:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she is almost 18 months.
    melody77

Comment by melody77 (original poster) at 4:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I this she's too young.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 5:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I tried to potty train my son at 18 months bc he was showing all the signs of readineass like ur daughter is and he was scared of potty too so I decided to just wait a fee months and try it again. When I waited it was much easier bc he wasn't afraid anymore of the potty. Hang in there momma. It will happen soon!
    leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:46 AM on May. 24, 2011

leann74016

Answer by leann74016 at 12:47 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Just because you are having another baby doesn't mean she will potty train. Get her a potty movie and leave the potty out but don't push it. She will let you know when she is ready
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:59 PM on May. 25, 2011