Your Master Bedroom

How do you make your master bedroom decor and colors fit for both you and your husband? We painted out bedroom a medium grey but that's as far as we have gone. We have two dressers that are a ugly wood color that I'm going to paint but I don't know if I want to do them black or white. I want our room to have a feminine romantic feel but not to the point where my husband feels like its just my room. Any ideas, thoughts or personal touches you have would help.

staceybelly9

Asked by staceybelly9 at 3:34 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Our bedroom is baby blue(wall) and chocolate brown.
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would do white to help lighten the room and it isn't a feminine or masculine color.
    coala

Answer by coala at 3:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I tried not to go too flowery and feminine. Actually, he doesn't care what I do..he says everything always looks good. ..and he's glad I don't decorate "heavy". LoL!
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:37 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Chocolate and Turquoise go great together.

You may get good ideas from HGTV and DIY.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 3:38 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would be happy to have ANY decor... Whether it fit me or not...

But I don't share a room with my DH, so I don't really need to worry about his likes...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 3:38 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My bedroom is also Blue and brown although not baby blue more like a sky blue. I think if the walls aren't to dark then I might paint the dressers black although if the walls are dark then I would paint them white.

Also, to add some feminine touches you could add pillows to the bed and hang some nice artwork on the walls.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 3:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We have baby blue walls and everything else is white. My husband says he feels like he is in a cloud when he is in it. I am not sure if that is a good or bad thing. I just kept it as simple as possible.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Our room is sand colored, with a tan accent wall. We added white crown molding to give it a more finished look. I got a duvet cover with dark red, blue and tans (colors he likes) that has small floral prints and a piecework quilt construction to make it more to my liking. Our dressers we stripped, primed, and painted the burgundy red from the duvet, and added silver hardware to make the dressers look like they went together (they were both old dressers from our childhoods).
    KateDinVA

Answer by KateDinVA at 3:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Luckily, DH likes purple! We have a lavender room with a dark purple focal wall (just finished a huge remodel, including repainting every single room), which I plan to decorate with dark woods and brushed chrome colors. The duvee cover is dark purple, but I may get some tan or brown throw pillows. The furniture is dark wood. I also gave him the dining room to choose for colors, and he's been dying for a red wall, so we put one there, with tan walls for the rest of the room. Dark wood table and oil-rubbed finish on the fixtures.
    I think you should add actual color with the dressers, not black or white. Gray is a blank enough palate that you can definitely add some color without it being obnoxious. Red might be really cool!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't like things too feminine so that helps with our bedroom. When we finally get to painting the walls, we will paint them in an earth-tone either green or brown and the bedding will compliment that. Our furniture is an eclectic mish-mash of all sorts of styles and wood tones. I don't worry about them all matching.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2011