My 12 yr old daughter wants to get acrylic nails is that to young?

catseyez

Asked by catseyez at 3:38 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Tweens (9-12)

• I think so.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't think so but I would tell them to keep them short. She probably won't like how they feel anyway.
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yes, let her be little for goodness sake. She needs ti act her age not an older teenager or young adult
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:39 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes. IMO, that kind of stuff can wait until they are old enough to pay for it themselves.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 3:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Yes . Its too much commitment and care for someone her age.
    dullscissors

Answer by dullscissors at 3:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think so too. Nothing wrong with letting her get a manicure if you have the funds. It's a personal preference and I think there are so many other things to teach our children and this is one luxury/habit to avoid. Just my opinion.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 3:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just my opinion but yes, it's too young.
    nmmama09

Answer by nmmama09 at 3:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I let my 12yr old get them, she now get her own nails done, she don't like the fake ones. You can try the press on ones for her, I let my daughter try them first
    ttk2

Answer by ttk2 at 5:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would not let her get them done at a salon. Five dollar press ons maybe and short, but I would not be paying salon price until they are older and can take care of them and even then, only for dances or other special events (i.e. being a brides maid, in a performance, etc.). If I had that kind of money or she was paying for them herself, then she could get them done consistently once she was 15 or older.
    MamaStuart

Answer by MamaStuart at 8:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think she is to young. A mani or pedi is fine. Not expensive nails, she in my opinion is too young. When she is in highschool and has a job if she chooses to get them and pay for them then it would be fine. I think too many little girls try to look to grown.
    txnmomof4

Answer by txnmomof4 at 8:38 AM on May. 24, 2011