Stomach Virus?

My son will be 1 in 5 days. On Friday he woke up at midnight throwing up so I got him out of his crib cleaned him up and put him in bed with me. I gave him a warm bottle of formula and he kept that down for about 10 minutes and he threw that up too. I tried a little bit of warm bottled water and he threw that up within a couple minutes. He was fine Saturday and Sunday night and then yesterday he started throwing up again. We went to a local parade and he threw up once before we went, once when we got back, and again after he had a bath. He doesn't have a fever and i've been giving him Pedialite. He's really fussy and was up for over half an hour last night crying. I know doctors won't do anything if it's a virus and that viruses have to run their course but I was wondering if this is the virus that has been going around. My cousin just had it and he was around my son too.

bassyentihw

Asked by bassyentihw at 10:35 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yup, virus. We have that too, but we also have the other end going as well. My poor little girl is throwing up all over the place and is taking a bath for the other one, every time she takes a nap! OH!! I feel so awful for her!!! Doc said to give her diluted Gatorade, because she won't touch pedialyte (sp). And increase her fiber. Nothing else. She said she will eat and drink when she is ready, but don't give into the sugary snacks and drinks just to get her to eat her drink.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Yeah, he has the other end too. His diaper leaked out into his pajamas yesterday and again today. My son doesn't really like Pedialyte either everytime I try to give him his sippy he throws it at me. He just had a bottle and some Tylenol to help him sleep and he kept it down.

bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 11:13 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• thats good. My DD has had it for about 5 days now. The doc said that this particular virus hangs around longer and, you are right, you just have to wait it out.
    angeladh82

Answer by angeladh82 at 3:22 PM on Dec. 8, 2008