NO HEART BEAT!!!!! adult content

I was told yesterday evening that my baby's heart wasn't beating!!! They sent me home. I cried and cried. I started to spot and cramp so I went to another hospital. They told me not to worry because the ultrasound in the emergency room wasn't as good as the one in the office. My blood work came back good and I had an bladder infection. Nothing that looked like miscarriage. I'm at home now. Still freaking out!! I'm waiting for my doctor to call me back with my ultrasound time. I don't know what to do at this point! Is it possible for the baby to not be alive and not know?? Wouldn't I be sick?? :(

EvansMommy31605

Asked by EvansMommy31605 at 3:40 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Expect the worst and hope for the best! Best wishes xoxo
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 3:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• How far along are you? Some ultrasounds might not pick up the heartbeat. The one in the office I wen to while I was pregnant rarely picked up the sound but you can see it beating so they never were concerned. Maybe the baby was at a different angel and it was hard to find it. I think the cramping my be from over stressing. Try to relax a little and wait for that call. GOOD LUCK.
    mommy_of_two388

Answer by mommy_of_two388 at 3:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Praying for you! Hugs!
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 3:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• How far along are you? If you hCG quant came back okay, you're likely fine, and the ultrasound will reflect that. The quant would start going down if you were losing the baby. How much bleeding have you had? Has it just been spotting, or like a heavy clumpy period? Is it only when you urinate? If it's not heavy and clumpy (as it is with a miscarriage, even early), I'm sure everything is okay (aside from the infection). You would also have cramping (although you likely have that with the infection, too). I hope everything turns out okay! Hugs, mama!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 3:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Don't OVER stress because the baby will feel this. If the dr didnt say you were miscarrying then dont worry about it. Just be very low key and just keep an eye out for any more spotting. It might be that your baby is just implanting itself and it's to early to get an accurate heart beat.
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 3:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it's possible...it also deoends on how far along you are..i had a delayed miscarriage...i was 11 wks. pregnant the fetus was only 7 wks. also if your only a few wks. there may be a heartbeat it's just sometimes hard to get and see...relax until your next US
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It would also depend on how far along you are.. sometimes my Dr had a hard time spotting it.Good luck!!
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Not to upset you but yes, the baby could have died and yes, you might not know. In 1989 I was approx. 20 weeks pregnant when an u/s showed that my daughter had no heart beat and had died in utero and they induced labor so that she was born because my body didn't do it's job. It was very traumatic and even after 22 years I get very emotional about it. I did go on to have 2 more sons after losing her...born on the 1 year anniversary of her due date (8//17/90...she was due 8/17/89) and born 12/12/91. Expect the worst, pray a lot and if things are fine....be very thankful.HUGS))))) and prayers being sent your way.
    Anonymous

• It is difficult...waiting. Do you have a sister, mother or buddy to hang with until this blows over. I am hoping there is a mistake but we all want you healthy. Prayers coming your way. I hope everything is fine
    oliviahank

Answer by oliviahank at 4:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• And, no..I wasn't sick, I didn't even realize anything was wrong.
    Anonymous