Spotting?

Has anyone ever had heavy spotting? Basically what im trying to ask is how heavy can spotting be? I ask because i started spotting on May 19 and my period was due May 18 the spotting started light at first but over night got heavier. The next 2 days after i would spot for a hour or 2 then would stop for several hours. But it was only heavy spotting for about 12 hours then after that light spotting. Oh and with my usual period i never spot. It comes on strong for 2-3 days then is light for about 2. My period last always 4-6 days.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:50 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• If you dont think it's you rperiod take a test or just wait another month and see if it happens again.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 3:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was going to post the same kind of question. I highly doubt I am pregnant though, I am not only on birth control (to prevent hemorrhaging) but my tubes were cut tied and fried 4 1/2 years ago when my youngest was born (not because I really wanted one, but medical reasons made it the best choice to prevent future pregnancies). I have already had one miscarriage since then however, and when that happened I had the same issue I am having now...spotting instead of a period, I was two days late this month which is not normal. I have all my normal pregnancy symptoms however, but no positive tests. And I know tubal pregnancies are hard to detect on a regular HcG test. If you haven't tested, I would. If its negative, maybe call your dr and ask the nurses what they think. If its positive, CONGRATS!
    DaisyRae

Answer by DaisyRae at 7:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It could be spotting. Take a test!
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it can change depending on stress
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 11:13 AM on May. 24, 2011