Are you in an alternative relationship?

Like an open marriage, or swinging, or multiple wives or husbands? Or anything else. What is it like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• Hmm, well we are in negotiations right now. We had decided to "label" ourselves swingers, although we haven't ever technically swung. We did have another couple in the works but I've had a lot of female problems going on lately and we've decided to put all that on the back burner for now, perhaps indefinitely.

We have brought another female into our bed. I've desperately wanted to be with a girl and hubs was always down for that idea. It was fun. I think it may have satisfied my desire though. LOL So honestly at this point, I'm down for remaining monogamous for the rest of my life. But we'll see.

And regardless of what everyone else seems to think/say, it did NOT hurt our relationship in the slightest having someone else in our bed. Both of us had sex with her and we've had no issues from it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• II am a swinger...now single...but me and my ex were in the lifestyle...it had nothing to do with are spliting....it's a lot of fun and you meet a lot of really nice people...I'm actaully good friends with the first cpl we were with...however it's not for everyone...if the thought makes you jelouse it won;t be better in real life...it's something to talk about..talk about boundries...what u two are okay with eachother doing and what ur not
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 10:59 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We have brought another couple to bed with us as well as another female that we fooled around with my husband didn't have sex with her though. Right now we are not bringing anyone else into our relationship. It's not something we want to do on a very regular basis but it's fun as a once in a blue moon thing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am not or haven't been in one, however I was friends with another couple at one time who were in an open relationship. They talked to me individually and together about joining them, also: both individually and together. They seemed to handle it ok when I was with them both, but each of them sorta freaked out when I was with the other. When I was with the guy, the wife was at work and she called literally every five minutes until I finally just laughed, got dressed and went home. Then, later each of them came to me separately and confessed that they thought they were in love with me and wanted to pursue a more personal (but secret from their spouse) relationship. At that point, I stopped returning their calls and never told them why. I don't think I'll ever do that again. It was too emotional to enjoy physically.
    Anonymous