Used to ride with my husband on his motorcycle, then we had a baby....

After finding out I was pregnant with my son last year, I decided that I would no longer ride on the bike. I was afraid that if we got into an accident it would leave our kids without both parents, and that bothered me a lot. I am now pregnant with our second child, and have decided not to ride again until the kids are old enough to care for themselves. Whenever I say this to people after they ask why I don't ride anymore, they all say "Oh, you'll ride sooner than that!" or "Yeah right! You'll get back on!" I feel that my personal decision is mine to make, and I plan on sticking with it. But people keep asking me about it and asking me to go for rides "Oh, I'll watch the babies!" What can I say to get these people to stop hounding me about this? I'm really not going to ride again until the kids are grown. I've made my decision and I want people to leave me alone about it. I'm sick of hearing it every time we get together.... I swear I'm going to snap...Preggie hormones!

alphamom26

Asked by alphamom26 at 4:18 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• my friend owned a bike both her and her husband had their own..i told her she wouldnt ever ride again after having a baby i just heard a few weeks ago her and dh sold their bikes..i completely agree with you i wouldnt ride either..but then again I have always wanted to keep my flesh so i wouldnt ride regardless
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• /hugs
    rhanford

Answer by rhanford at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I TOTALLY understand! Its a little different, but I get so irritated when people tell me I am going to do this, or not going to do that, when it comes to my life and my kids. I have one child and pregnant with the second and I am super particular about having clean floors. (Just one stupid example, but its the closest I can come up with). I made a comment about how I'll shampoo my carpets once a month when baby gets here, because I will NOT allow my infant on a dirty floor, or even on a blanket on a dirty floor. I just can't do it. And my mom tells me, "Please, she is your second, you'll be lucky if you vacuum once a month."

It is so annoying that people just assume that because they do something (or don't do something) or did or didn't when they had kids, that you should or shouldn't do it as well. I don't blame you at ALL for not going riding. Motorcycles are dangerous, and you're absolutley right about the entire thing!
    Anonymous