A very annoying person

here's the situation. i'll sign on to my FB account in the evenings and read the posts, do my cityville, farmville, play bejeweled etc, all of the sudden the IM pops up on the bottom right side of the page. it's this person, she is married to a friend of mine from HighSchool. not really close with her, but i did go to their wedding. I don't feel like chatting with her because all she wants to know is if my DH is working (both guys work for the same company) if i say yes, she gets all pissy and starts telling me how that company is being run into the ground by my DH etc....like she's jealous if my DH is working and her's is not. if i don't answer her IM right away, she will post on my wall, "I sent you a message". and if I dont respond to that, i get an email...

What would you do?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 4:18 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Block her

Answer by gemgem at 4:19 PM on May. 23, 2011

• just close out your chat whenever you go online and she wont know you are on..or just delete and block her
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 4:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't know how, but there is a way you can set your IM to look like you are not on even when you are ... someone here might know how.
    sipn_mom

Answer by sipn_mom at 4:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't use the IM feature.
    Anonymous

• I never use the im either. I jsut don't want my relatives knowing when I am on....
    geminilove7

Answer by geminilove7 at 4:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• You can opt to 'go off line' and sign off of the im feature on facebook. I do that as I really don't care to chat, most of the time when I am on fb it is to post something quick when I am on break from work.
    You could also try talking to her, and let her know that when you are on FB you are busy with other things and really do not care to IM. I would also point out to her that not everyone can just drop everything and respond the second she sends something! She needs to either back off and leave you alone, or show some patience/restraint. I would also give serious thought to deleting and blocking her... as it does not sound like you are very close or that she has anything important or nice to say.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I tell anyone I don't feel like talking to that I don't do online chat. I play my games there and that's it. You can close the chat when you see her appear or tell her. I would definately block her from posting my wall. I personally would let her know that my husband shouldn't be her concern. Seriously, you should be honest with her. She's annoying and you don't want to be her friend, avoid her.
    chgomom

Answer by chgomom at 4:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Ignore everything she sends.
    booger14

Answer by booger14 at 4:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• block her/delete her or turn my im off! I barely EVER have my facebook IM on lol
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 4:32 PM on May. 23, 2011

• when I have someone very annoying they are either deleted or blocked so I don't have to deal with them.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 4:37 PM on May. 23, 2011