Pool

Do you have a post pool or inflatable pool? How much work are they in the summer to keep clean? What do you spend in chlorine?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 4:44 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Home & Garden

• We have an above ground swimming pool. I clean our pool every day twice a day. I am a big worry wart about making sure it has the right ph and what not though. Some people arent that way. It costs us around $25 a mth tokeep the pool up which is cheap compared to anything else like going somewhere to swim, or play.

Answer by gemgem at 4:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was just thinking about buying the frame pool at walmart for $200. I have no idea how well it will hold up or if it will be a pain to maintain.
    ria7

Comment by ria7 (original poster) at 4:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We have an inground pool. It's the electricity that runs the pump that kills us.....and water to refill from evaporation. Chemical wise though, we buy a 50 lb bucket of chlorine tablets once a year and that's about $75 and then liquid chlorine once a month at about $10. Sometimes we need some powder for mustard algae about $15 and it lasts a year. We don't have trees around the pool, so we don't do a lot of cleaning, just skim bugs out and hose down the filter every week.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 5:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I have an in-ground pool and it runs on a salt generator which means less maintenance and cost.
    ceciliam

Answer by ceciliam at 5:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I HAVE A POOL THAT I BOUGHT IN TARGET IS THE BIGGEST THAT THEY SELL AND I LOVE IT. ITS PRETTY MUCH EASY TO CLEAN.
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 7:15 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We take advantage of my BIL's in-ground pool with a salt system. He takes advantage of my cooking...
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 7:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• We had an inflatable... cant't say that I loved it.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 8:17 AM on May. 24, 2011

• No.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 4:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We have an in-ground with salt-to-chlorine generator too. We have to add chlorine stabilizer in the summer, to keep the chlorine from evaporating. I like that the water doesn't have the usual chlorine smell or sting our eyes.
    ss_mom

Answer by ss_mom at 5:11 PM on May. 24, 2011

• We no longer have a pool but in our last house we had an in ground pool and spa- We used a service to maintain the chemicals and what not. We were rural so we always had fowl fouling up the balance-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 9:27 PM on May. 24, 2011