Why Do You Smoke???

Do you do it in front of your children??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Health

• I smoked only 1 year a pack a day. I found I was pregnant and haven't touched them since. I was very depressed, angry, and didn't care about myself, so I started. I started to make my parents mad, then it became a habit and I coudn't stop. Thank God I only smoked for 1 year. It was hard enough quiting. My husband has been smoking for almost 20 years. How do you get some one like that to quit? I quit because I was pregnant. Then when I stopped breast feeding I knew I could have a cig and I did. Just 2 puffs and it was discusting and I've never smoked since. I still get urges time to time. I have to remind myself that I can not handle just one more cig bc then I will go back to smoking a pack a day. I want to be a good role model for my son. If you wouldn't be happy seeing your child doing it then I dont know how you could. I have learned that the only way you can quit is if you do it for yourself.
    bethiepaige

Answer by bethiepaige at 10:47 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I smoke (because I'm stupid!), but not in the house or around Carmela. Before I was pregnant with her, I smoked a pack a day. Since I had her now I only smoke 2-3 ciggies a day, which I don't even like, it's just habit. I'm sure very soon I'll be down to NO ciggies!!
    krisstencarmela

Answer by krisstencarmela at 1:57 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't... DH did (he quit recently) but ONLY outside and he would always wash his hands afterward.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• No and if I did, I'd never do it in front of my kids (they can decide when they are older if they want to smoke).
    Americanmom483

Answer by Americanmom483 at 6:41 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I do it away from my kids and not in the house. I also try to use a "smoking jacket", and wash my hands after.
    mmmommy0207

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 7:00 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I quit when I became pregnant with my first. I smoked over 10 yrs.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 10:24 PM on Jul. 11, 2008