Why does healthy food make me tired?

I have always been this way and it drives me crazy. I have a hard time keeping potassium in my system so I eat a lot of bananas, potatos, tomatos etc... But it doesnt bring my energy up. I try eating foods rich in b12 complex and that makes me REALLY tired. I have asked the doc and dont feel like it gets me anywhere. She reccomends foods to eat and that doesnt help. Vitamins make me tired as well. And things that give other people energy or make them more alert/awake like coffee make me tired too. Does anyone else have this problem? What is it? Am I just wired funny or is there something that can be done? I exercise in moderation (I am 29 weeks pregnant) and that doesnt help either.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 10:57 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Health

• I am constantly tired as well, but it is because I have issues sleeping. You can get into a "sleep debt" to where even if you're only missing one hour of sleep a night can build up.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Are you taking any medications?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 10:58 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Well, you could be deficient in other areas that perhaps you have not addressed. Also, if you've been eating poorly and then start to eat well, it takes a bit of time for your body to sort of "detox" from the bad stuff and you'll experience more tiredness while you're body is adjusting. Of course, being pregnant, that's reason in and of itself to be exhausted.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Is your IRON low?
    Stess can make you tired.

Answer by louise2 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am always like this and always eat healthy and not on any meds.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:06 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Sometimes iron gets low but not as common as potassium.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 11:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008