Why do people always think they can raise your kids better than you can?

not-the-momma

Asked by not-the-momma at 4:53 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I've been trying to figure out the answer to this question for years...but have you noticed it's always the people who don't have kids that act like that??? lol...if you ever find out the answer let a sista know! LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 4:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I found that listening to other mothers is a learning experience and that some of it is good advice, some isn't, but its still good to listen with an open mind.
    minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 5:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Maybe some of them can? Maybe they cant? Who knows why people think what they do? Personally I dont give a damn lol. Just learn to let it go is my best advice.

Answer by gemgem at 4:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Depends on the parents. I don't think I can raise other peoples kids better than them most of the time....at least not the people I know personally. But stupid people who let their two year old wander the streets alone in traffic....yes. People who take their anger out on their children....yes. people who otherwise abuse, neglect, or otherwise don't treat their children well....yes.

But other than that....how you choose to parent is up to you. If you ask for advice I might offer it. But if you choose to use time out for your kid where I would spank mine then that is a parenting choice. If you choose to let your kid have cookies everyday where in my house it is a treat then that is your choice. No better or worse. Just personal decision.
    Shaken1976

Answer by Shaken1976 at 4:57 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Don't you know that everyone's an expert and their way will ALWAYS be better??!! Hellooo?!!! lol
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 4:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• because they think they are better then everyone anyway. Ignore them and know that you are doing a great job.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 5:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Their way is the only way.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 5:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It makes them feel better about themselves...
    acurran88

Answer by acurran88 at 5:17 PM on May. 23, 2011

• not sure
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 7:25 PM on May. 23, 2011