Would you be upset or am I overreacting...

Ok. My SO told me that for our anniversary we would do something special cause he never really buys me things ect. And that's ok with me because he doesn't have a job he stays home with DS while I work. He does side jobs to have extra spending cash like mow lawns ect.. Now he KNEW our anniversary was this weekend and he tells me today i had money sitting aside and its not there.. So basically he doesn't have any money for us to go out and do something... He Promised! do i have the right to be upset about this... I went out and got him this REALLY nice watch... And i know nobody took his money because he supposedly had it in his safe.. which i cant even get in...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:58 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Yes, you have the right to be upset. I would definitely be upset.
    FatGirl239

Answer by FatGirl239 at 5:00 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Switch things up a little:

My husband is the wage-earner of the household. When I buy him a present, it actually comes from our joint account, which he fills up through working. Many married women do the same . . . .

I would assume, since your situation is just reversed, that you anniversary present would come from your joint account.

It is really hard when roles are reversed. In society, we learn that it is okay for husbands toi provide for wives, but not okay for the opposite . . . . I might just plan something special "on the family" for the two of you.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 5:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Sorry momma I think you have a right.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would talk to him and tell him whats on your mind. Tell him that you really wanted to celebrate and see how he reacts.
    EternalDiesirae

Answer by EternalDiesirae at 5:02 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I understand why you are upset although I would still make the best of it. Maybe see about doing something together at home, My DH and I were suppose to go out for our first anniversary and our son, who was 2 months old at the time got sick. We ended up getting food to cook on the grill and spending the night eating outside watching the stars and talking. I think it was the best anniversary we have ever had and we have been married 13 years and done lots over the years.

Good Luck and try to make the best of it!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 5:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If he said he would take you out the he should of had the money..dont make promises you can t keep...you are right to be upset.
    happymama02

Answer by happymama02 at 5:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I personally think you are over reacting. Even though I think we all would ideally like to do something or have our men do something for our anniversaries with this economy sometimes it just isnt gonna happen. My anniversary is this weekend and my husband has to work, so oh well. It is only the major milestones that we celebrate like 10 yrs, 20 yrs etc.

Answer by gemgem at 5:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

Answer by happymama02 a minute ago

This exactly.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 5:07 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i would talk to him and tell him how u feel about it..sometimes guys don't realize how important these things are to us.maybe make another plan when he is able.its not worth fighting over..maybe next anniversary he will get the hint

twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 7:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would be very very upset!! You have every right to be upset!
    Helen2004

Answer by Helen2004 at 9:13 PM on May. 23, 2011