First Time Plane Rider!!! Please Help!!!

my son and i have to take a trip with my dad to GA (from NJ) in October for my cousins wedding. my son will be 14 months by then and i dont know what to do about bringing his stroller and car seat. i dont know if they come on the plane with me, or do they go in with the luggage? do i have to box or tag them? even though he doesnt get a seat on the plane, does he get a plane ticket still?

ArmyWife1769

Asked by ArmyWife1769 at 1:50 PM on Jul. 11, 2008 in Travel

• When my daughter was the same age i took her on her first plane ride and it was not fun. Depending on the airline he may not need his own ticket. With mine she sat in my lap and did not need her own ticket. I suggest snacks and anything to keep him occcupied for the duration of the flight. My flight was only 45 minutes long and the instant the plane took off she screamed blooody murder the entire time. I would suggest that you sit as close to exit as possible but you cannot sit by the emergency exit because the airline won't allow it. As far as the stroller thing i didn't take one but i think you would have to check it with your luggage. I hope this helps you. Good Luck on your journey.
    rock1028

Answer by rock1028 at 2:39 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• with my first child, the stroller was unloaded before you get in the plane you know right by the door, her carseat i checked in with my luggage, i didn't let her take a nap untill right before the airplane, second child my husband had the thing like a backpack, for the baby forgot what you call it, but the baby is in front of you, same for him sleep most of the way! and they will need a ticket but you won't get it untill you check in, some airlines will ask for birth certifacate, if the baby looks 2 or older, i would take a copy just in case your ask for proof, but goodluck and have fun
    USNDABABIES

Answer by USNDABABIES at 3:18 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• NJ to GA is about a 2 hour plane ride... if you have an umbrella stroller, use that. Also, if you're renting a car, you can most likely rent a car seat from them. Make sure you bring snacks & a bottle/sippy. You won't be able to bring a full cup, so stop at one of the shops in the airport to buy milk or juice.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 3:26 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• the stroller can be brought with you on the plane, some airlines let small umbrella strollers go in the over head bins while others just tag the strollers and put them under the plane once you board, carseats unless your child will be sitting in his or her own seat should be checked with baggage (most airlines allow these to go for free no cost)
    bubblycute

Answer by bubblycute at 6:22 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• oh! i miss the snow in winter time! well, yes tag EVERYTHING!
    ashleyamanda

Answer by ashleyamanda at 8:56 PM on Jul. 11, 2008