Who's Boss drives them crazy??????

My boss is such a control freak. Everything has to be done his way. He tells everyone all the time, "If you think your way is better, we can try it and see." But it never gets to get done. If you don't do things the way he thinks they should be done, he turns into the biggest jerk. if you try to explain anything to him and he either doesn't believe you or he thinks your wrong, he will actually yell. and i mean vein popping out of the forehead red faced yell.
I want to quit so bad. but need the work. he's just really hard to work with. what would you do?

nybor48

Asked by nybor48 at 5:18 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• I worked with someone like that for 2.5 years,also in a HIGH stress job, I had to leave. Couldn't take it anymore. Found out three months later he got demoted waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay down the food chain. Talk about Karma! I have been happy ever since leaving.
    Dahis

Answer by Dahis at 5:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Uuugh. She's a nice person but such a pain in the ass.
    1. She calls everyone "honey". Newsflash, i am NOT your honey.
    2. She forgets 98% of things told to her, so if you want to ensure things are remembered, you have to write them down, get her signature, and make 2 copies of it, one for her and one for yourself so when she loses her copy, you still have yours.
    3. Before you finish a sentence, she okays you, which to me, means she's really not listening.
    4. She brings her dog in sometimes and leaves it in one of the offices for other staff to watch it, walk it, feed it, etc.
    5. Her signature looks completely different everytime.
    Just a few examples.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 5:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• OMG my boss is an arrogant jerk that needs to pull the stick out his ass! He got mad because I had to change my Sunday shift to a Monday because of the court ordered parenting plan (my ex gets weekends and I have to pick my son up at 6) and we even have multiple people to cover my shift. He then tries to treat me like crap and belittle me when he knows my situation. Grrr.... I wish I could slap him upside his ugly ass face!

June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 5:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• In this day and age and economy we just have to take it or risk the real possibility of being unemployed. Good luck
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Sometimes - ya gotta lump it or leave.
    tasches

Answer by tasches at 6:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• So, how is your job search going?

Answer by rkoloms at 7:23 PM on May. 23, 2011