How much alcohol do YOU consider too much?

i personally don't drink at all, but don't see anything wrong with people who enjoy a cocktail or even a few but DH tips the scales. he averages 8 per night (a case of beer every 3 days). any night and every night. i think it's gotten to be so much i can't deal with it. If it were you, what's your opinion?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:40 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• more than 2 a day is excessive

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Sounds like an alcoholic to me. My dh and I dont even have 8 drinks a YEAR COMBINED.

Answer by gemgem at 5:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• that is excessive. Does he have a stressful job and using it as a crutch to "wind down"?
    wendydays

Answer by wendydays at 5:43 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think what you mentioned is way too much, I do not drink either, but the first sign of an alcoholic is when they have alcohol for breakfast!

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• thats excessive for sure. by definition if any person drinks 1 alchoholic drink everyday they are an alchoholic. in addition 1 drink everyday raises ones chance of having liver failure by like 50% i read somewhere. This is, in my opinion, something that should most definatly be addressed. i hope everything works out.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 5:47 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I think 8 drinks on occasion is alright, 8 drinks every night is too much.
    Octobersmom

Answer by Octobersmom at 5:49 PM on May. 23, 2011

• while 8 may be a bit excessive not sure i would consider him an alcoholic.. my ex was/is aalcoholic, drank from the time he got up til the time he went to sleep 18pk plus a bottle of evan williams a day... if it is bothering you then you should talk to him about it and let him know in least possible aggressive/defensive manner that you are concerned for his health...

girlglow6

Answer by girlglow6 at 5:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My opinion is alcoholic. My ex was and still is an alcoholic. My adult son is an alcoholic. They both can and do when they have money each can drink 12 cans a night, sometimes more.

meooma

Answer by meooma at 5:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yikes that is not good does he get drunk? I would not like that way too much alcohol. My husband maybe drinks one a wk and usually i have to get it out for him at dinner.good luck
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 6:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• 8 drinks a day is an alcoholic.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 6:49 PM on May. 23, 2011