Is it normal to feel a shortness of breath or feel like you have a faster heart beat and feel jumpy sometimes while pregnant?

i am 23 weeks right now. sometimes it feels like i have a shortness of breath and a stuffy nose but not sick also some times it feels like i have a faster heart beat and feels jumpy sometimes , is this normal? i have panic attacks sometimes. yesterday it felt like my side hurt so i layed down and got back up and it stopped hurting so could the baby have been laying on something? and does this stuff get better as get further along?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:04 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Your blood volume increases during pregnancy and your heart works harder to circulate it. It's totally normal.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:09 PM on May. 23, 2011

• From personal experience, it could be high blood pressure. When my blood pressure is high (pregnant or not) I often feel winded. I try to regulate my breathing so I dont have a panic attack. I usually feel like my hearts about to burst out of my chest and I get shaky, especially my hands. Higher blood pressure is typical as stated before because your hears works harder to circulate, so just stay relaxed and if you need peace of mind, I would get someone to check your blood pressure.
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 6:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• let ur doctor know too
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 7:12 PM on May. 23, 2011

• ..how long does it usually last when you have shortness of breath?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:13 PM on May. 23, 2011

• It usually lasts for a quite a bit, longer than you would probably expect. Really, the best thing to do if you're concerned in anyway is check with your doctor and be aware of anything that might be "off" pertaining to your body. Think about it this way, better to be safe than sorry!!
    DJsMommy610

Answer by DJsMommy610 at 9:59 PM on May. 23, 2011