Already called doc,, but wondering if anyone else is or has experienced...

i am 35 weeks pregnant and have recently (within) the past 2 weeks had an increase of discharge and sharp pains in my vagina mostly when i feel i have to urinate... has anyone else experienced this?

***doc said it was normal???

pipsqueak01

Asked by pipsqueak01 at 6:58 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Not experiencing this but I'll bump it for more answers, good luck!
    jessiskinner200

Answer by jessiskinner200 at 7:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• call the drs office
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 7:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• what does the mucus look like, when i was pregnanct with my son i lost my mucus plus little by little startign at like 30 weeks all the way up to my due date. when i got closer i had more mucus so maybe you are lossing your mucus plug and the pain can be from you baby gtting in position.
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 7:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• it's clear and i have it every time i go to the bathroom. theres not a lot like i said,, but i have noticed it more in the past two weeks. i've also noticed that he has dropped so maybe that is the case!

i thought i would get a little more input from the nurse when i called,, but she didn't say much other than it wasn't anything to worry about and was probably ligaments stretching....
    pipsqueak01

Comment by pipsqueak01 (original poster) at 7:32 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't know personally, but my thought were similar to ChanQ it is probably your mucus plug. Some women lose it all at once, and other it slowly comes out. And for the pain my thoughts would be if the baby has dropped as you said diff muscles are being stretched now etc, plus there's not alot of room in there now, so I imagine you would feel some pain. If the pain or discharge gets worse, I would go to the Dr.-just to be on the safe side. I knew a woman (extremely rare) who got 1 contraction and was driven to the hospital 10 miles away. Within 30mins of arriving there she gave birth!!! It was her first so crazy how quick it came. My SO's mom had no signs and thought she had to go to the bathroom (#2) she was sitting on the toilet and the baby started coming out (the whole head was out)! Again these stories are rare, but it makes me have no question, I will go to the Dr. if something's not right. Good Luck!
    phoenixstar

Answer by phoenixstar at 4:19 PM on May. 24, 2011