Anyone elses' community have a bad weekend?

I know, really, I know this sounds stupid, trust me. I realize the stupidity I am about to type, but I can't help but think about it. Over the weekend, 12 people died and an additional 7 were injured in completely unrelated incidences in/around the town that I live in. A toddler was run over by her father, a 70 y/o couple were on the way to their 50th wedding anniversary and were hit by a drunk driver, a family of four were in an accident where the other car crossed the median and hit them. An ex-sheriff deputy hung himself, a 17 y/o boy rolled his car, etc.

So, like I said, I know this sounds stupid, but you wake up Monday morning after the world is supposed to end, and see all of this bad news.. makes me think.. Related? Were people seriously thinking the world was going to end, so they just didn't care? Was this the beginning of the end?

Was it just us, or did this happen other places, too?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:02 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• There was a huge tornado here in MN on Sunday afternoon  that was on the ground for 10 miles and destroyed blocks and blocks of homes . THAT was pretty bad. Not as bad as the disaster in Missouri though.

minnesotanice

Answer by minnesotanice at 7:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Not a bad weekend, but my city did have a bad week. within a few days time a 3 yr. old boy was shot and killed by a "stray" bullett. The gunman actually purposely fired into this ladys apartment from outside, but everyone was outside argueing. It's not clear if he was aware there were kids in the apartment. The child was visiting, didn't live there. A 14 yr old boy was found murdered behind a high school. Police haven't even released his cause of death, so i'm assuming that is important in finding who did it. And a 10 yr old was shot by a stray bullett, but she luckily survived.
    Astraea_79

Answer by Astraea_79 at 7:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Rough weekend is an understatement for your community.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 7:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Nothing much happened here.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 7:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Like Sreph, nohing much happened where I live either, though it was rather cold for the time of year .
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 7:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I can't complain. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:08 PM on May. 23, 2011