Is there ever a time when cutting a grandmother out of the picture is the right thing to do? If she has shown manipulation to the kids and parents, clear favoritism and poor safety measures (but does not admit to any of it)?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/cutting-grandma-out-of-the-loop/2011/05/10/AFDrbK9G_story.html?hpid=z4

Poor gramms ...

tasches

Asked by tasches at 7:06 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I think anyone toxic to you ar your kids lives need to be cut out.
    SalemWitchChild

Answer by SalemWitchChild at 7:18 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If my mom doesn't knock of her behavior and get rid of this new man in her life she will be cut off. I've warned her too but lets see if she takes me seriously.
    (this guy is abusive and manipulative but she sees it as me not liking her with a new guy after divorcing my dad)
    Anonymous

• Hit enter before I was ready.
    But, because of that I do not want my kids growing up thinking her behavior is right nor will I put up with it.
    If they ask I'll respond with "Grandma made bad choices in her life and does not deserve to be around you."
    Anonymous

• i think there is always a perfect time to cut out a grandparent. my son has never met DH mom an she isnt considered a grandma to us so we are ok with it :) it was right for us
    akalei

Answer by akalei at 7:40 PM on May. 23, 2011

• IVe cut out my FIL and his "puppet master" ugh makes me cringe even thinking about their ways. Do what you need to do! Good Luck!!!
    kgrine

Answer by kgrine at 7:54 PM on May. 23, 2011