Am I the only one that over does the bday thing?

MY daughter is my only child..for right now and I always go ALL OUT and crazy for her bday spendings lots and lots of cash?

I need to start taming it a bit.. any one else like me?

KayGia0704

Asked by KayGia0704 at 7:09 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• I am too and my husband BITCHES up a storm! I try to buy as much possible at the Dollar Store, like balloons, plates, napkins, cups, silverwear, and table clothes. I tend to spend a lot of money on food and drinks and about 150 on presents... Honestly though, these are the moments your daughter will remember when she's older!
    staceybelly9

Answer by staceybelly9 at 7:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No...i don't want my kid expecting that every year. We have big birthdays every few years & small family gatherings for the other years.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:14 PM on May. 23, 2011

• prob will be
    ChanQ

Answer by ChanQ at 7:16 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My son is turning 10 this wednesday,we'll celebrate thursday when I have off work. I have $95 to spend he wants a new skateboard at Zummies,so it's gonna take everything I have. I wish I had an extra $100 so I could take him somewhere cool. I think my kids deserve more than they get. I need to start planning better and in advance save save save.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 8:23 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No we do not
    smurfyangel

Answer by smurfyangel at 9:06 PM on May. 23, 2011

• MarGeee. Thats what I am doing, planning in advance. My daughters bday is not until July and I have already ordered the cake, magician, games, water slide, party favors.. I saved and got bits and pieces at a time so by July I would have everything already without paying one huge lump sum.
    KayGia0704

Comment by KayGia0704 (original poster) at 11:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Hey, don't feel bad about it. If you got the money and that's what you want to spend it on, that's your choice. Your just stimulating the economy. What's wrong with that? We have parties, too and always invite all of his friends.
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 9:36 AM on May. 24, 2011