Is it part of Gods plan or fate or something?

I am a foster parent and my Brother has had CPS called on him twice. So far they have avoided getting the kids taken away. It makes me wonder if foster care was my calling because I need to be there for my niece and nephew someday. I guess time will tell.

I just found out that my SIL is calling the kids retarded and doesn't even love them. I have also suspected that my brother has hit the kids (hence the first time CPS was called) I didn't do it the second time though. I guess this is kind of a vent and hoping for the best thing. I just hope they can get themselves into classes and counseling or something so they can change for the kids sake.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:14 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Adoption

• Pray for them! pray that GOd changes their ways and makes them realize what it is they are doing..
    Kambrosino07

Answer by Kambrosino07 at 7:29 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I hope you get the kids...
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:34 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Pray for them... God knows best!
    LARRYSWiiFE

Answer by LARRYSWiiFE at 7:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If you were to step in for these children it would be a blessing. Sometimes God places us right were we belong, for a reason.
    Kellyjude1

Answer by Kellyjude1 at 7:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't believe for a second that God means or plans for bad things to happen. I think people have free will and a lot of power to influence what happens to them. It is convenient to say that God controls everything sometimes, but, I think it is a cope-out and a way to avoid taking responsibility for what happens.

I don't know what God's plans are and am suspicious of people who claim they do. However, I am not nearly as eager to say that taking these kids from their parents is God's will. I hope you can encourage your brother and his wife to get some help so they are able to become better parents. Splitting up a family is a serious and irrevocable step, and I do not lightly encourage it.

Of course, if your brother and SIL don't get their acts together and become better parents, maybe you will need to step in to parent these children. But, I don't think adoption is a foregone conclusion or something that is fate.
    Southernroots

Answer by Southernroots at 10:01 PM on May. 23, 2011

• The God that I believe in would never have it be a child's fate to suffer from child abuse. I pray that they see the wrongs they are doing to their children and themselves. The God that I believe in expects the friends and relatives to help improve and preserve this troubled family. WWJD? Help people in need, not tear a family apart.

If your brother and his wife are abusive, and do indeed have their children taken away, I do think that it is a wonderful thing that you would be able to step in and care for your nieces/nephews so that they would not have to go to complete strangers. I just hope that they get some support and help so that isn't necessary.
    susie703

Answer by susie703 at 11:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I absolutely 100% do not feel beleive that GOD intended for ANY child to be abused. I do KNOW as a child abuse survivor...YOU owe it to your niece nephew to do whatever it takes to stop abuse. This is not only for relatives, this is for ANY child! IF anyone reading this suspects a child is being abused with 'just" cause/reasoning...do not walk to your phone ,run to your nearest police station! Last, do not think that words to a child are any less painful, the emotional abuse of a child lingers forever...just like adoption, it rears its ugly head, and one is never the same! STOP abuse! Blessings,CJ
    ceejay1

Answer by ceejay1 at 6:50 PM on May. 24, 2011

• I do not believe for a second any loving creator or God would deliberately plan for you to be the parents of any child as a result of abuse or neglect. I think your brother and his wife are ill and do not know how to parent at this current time. You are potentially in a position to provide temporary care if the state and family court determine social services needs to work with this family in order to try and preserve it. If the family can't be preserved due to an unsafe situation then you may also have a role in deciding if your home is the forever home for these kids. While it may be good timing you completed your training and are licensed by your state to provide care, fate or God's will is hard to imagine. You can also say it is God's will to assist this family to be more loving, nuturing, and healthy with some guided intervention. It is all in how you look at it.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 9:11 AM on May. 25, 2011

• My cousins 2nd little girl was beaten by her boyfriend. The little girl went to live with a single woman who could not have children. The Foster Mother wanted to Adopt my Cousins Girl. My Cousin refused the Adoption. CPS, slowly cut my Cousins visits back until she was no longer allowed visits with her 2nd Daughter, CPS turned around & said Your Daughter loves you but does not want to see you anymore. CPS case workers also told my Cousins Daughter to call the Foster Mother her Mother. & for the Foster Mother to have My Cousins Daughter in Foster Care, call her Foster Mother her Mother. And the Mother (My Cousin) is no longer allowed to see her 2nd Daughter or 3rd Daughter again. She can see her Eldest Daughter in Foster Care every 3 months. & her Son (Youngest Child) in Foster Care every month. My Cousins Mother neglected her, that is why My Cousin ended up in Foster Care. My Cousins Mother can visit my Cousins Daughters/Sons
    upliftingwings

Answer by upliftingwings at 6:08 AM on Jun. 3, 2011

• Sadly, unfortunate events happen to people, who find themselves in unfortunate circumstances. I don't think it's fate or Gods Plan that unfortunate event/s happen to someone. I think life can be either fortunate, unfortunate or both. I don't think someone is meant to end up with someone elses child/loved one because of an unfortunate event happening to somenes child/loved one. I think people must learn to pick up the pieces of a broken life, and hope they can just keep going with what strength they can hold onto and what strength they can gather along the way.
    upliftingwings

Answer by upliftingwings at 6:13 AM on Jun. 3, 2011