How would you react if your dh came in and fixed himself a sandwich instead of eating a meal that you cooked? ..even if you told him you were cooking, even if were something you knew he liked.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 7:19 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Happens here :( Sometimes he just decides that it doesn't look or smell good to him. I get upset inside, and decide to hold my tongue, because I do not want to fight about food.

I don't like it, though.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 7:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I don't know. My husband has never done that to me.
    momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 7:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would not be a happy camper & he would get the silent treatment for as long as I felt, no, for as long as I wanted to give it to him!
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 7:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I wouldnt be happy and wouldnt cook for him the next day/
    KayGia0704

Answer by KayGia0704 at 7:26 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He would be eating Sandwiches for a LONG TIME!!

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 7:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i would let him know that it hurt my feelings. My ex used to do that all the time. He'd come home & say "I don't feel like that tonight, i want something else"...so i stopped cooking. My DH now eats anything i make, even if he doesn't like it...lol...he won't waste food. He refuses to waste anything...
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 7:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i wouldent cook for a week
    twolilgirls712

Answer by twolilgirls712 at 7:35 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i've tried letting him know how hurtful it is. this isnt the first time this has happend. this is why is gave him the heads up i was cooking. i've also tried NOT cooking and letting it just go to sandwiches..but he seems to be fine with that. he doesnt eat unless i cook some sort of junk. i refuse to cook like that all the time. tonight i fixed a good dinner and used a meat he liked..but he didnt touch it. he really pisses me off. i'm just not gonna think of him anymore at all.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 7:41 PM on May. 23, 2011

• When my husband comes home he goes to the gym after changing his clothes and although I have dinner cooked he will make a sandwich to hold him over til after his workout. But to make a sandwich as dinner while dinner is on the stove, no he's never done this unless he comes home sick in that case he would make soup.
    SnapIt

Answer by SnapIt at 8:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My dh grew up having to fend for himself so he's grateful to have someone taking care of him. If he were ever this disrespectful I would never cook for him again. I find your dh's behavior to be very rude!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:07 PM on May. 23, 2011