IS THIS POSIBLE IN TEXAS??

IS IT POSSIBEL FOR A SIXTEEN YEAROLD TO GET MARRRIED WITH A 20 YEAR OLD IN TEXAS??? I WAS JUST WONDERING CAUSE IVE HEARD ABOUT GIRLS THAT DO THA BUT I DINT KNO IF ITS LEGAL.....IS IT???

THANKS!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• If they are emancipated or they have a guardians signature.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:39 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• With parental consent, yes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:40 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• You arent going to get different answers for posting this in multiple areas..its easy to google the texas marriage laws...anyway..yes its legal. If the parent signed off on it, its legal. I take you dont approve. Well, its not illegal.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• So sad a 20 year old would want to marry a 16 year old. You have to wonder about adults like that. So gross.
    Anonymous

• "So sad a 20 year old would want to marry a 16 year old. You have to wonder about adults like that. So gross."

Before judging, remember that you don't know their situation. Perhaps the girl is desperate to escape an abusive home life. Maybe the young man is somewhat immature, or the girl is pregnant and they are trying to "do the right thing." My in-laws started dating when they were 19 and 14, and now have been married over 40 years! Not saying I would want my 16 year-old daughter getting married, but different situations call for different action.
    yarnjunkie

Answer by yarnjunkie at 12:59 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• My husband is 6 years older than me. And although, we didn't get married at 16/22- I can't say I wouldn't have (my mom probably could say we wouldn't have).
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 1:32 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I was 18 and my Dh was 24. We have been married for over 9 years now. I like the other anwer...don't judg what you don't know. And I was NOT pregnant at the time. I wanted out of my parents house and he offered the solution. But ,make no mistake, I pursued him, I took control of our living situation and too this day I control all our money. We now have a nice house and 2 nice cars and 3 healthy, happy, smart, kids.
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 3:01 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• 16/20 is nothing, my husband and I were 18/28. people are to quick to judge!!!
    Anonymous

• I was 17, he was 23, we have been married 28 years...
    Anonymous

• Or maybe the parents are idiots and just want to get rid of the kid. Jeesh . My daughter could not even date till she was 16. Now at 18 she has a 22 yr old boyfriend and I'm not to happy abou tthat.
    It's a personal thing but i got married at 19 and have been married for alsmost 28 yrs. There have been times when I wished i'd dated more. There is to much living to do and jmo that marrying as a teen is too young
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 4:37 PM on Dec. 11, 2008