How old were your children when they stopped taking naps.

my daughter is 30 months old and she doesnt nap anymore. i am wondering if i should try to work harder at making sure she has her nap.

JanetElizabeth

Asked by JanetElizabeth at 7:52 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Two weeks shy of 3 yrs old...when I weaned him from his paci. If I had only known...
    beckie66

Answer by beckie66 at 7:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Both of mine stopped around 2 years old. My youngest started taking them again a few months ago and she's 3. She needs them or she's a terror around 5pm so I guess it depends on the kid.
    AntoinetteF

Answer by AntoinetteF at 7:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• yeah, it has just gotten harder to do naps for her now that she has a 10 month old brother who requires a lot of attention and she needs me to lay in silence with her until she goes to sleep and that takes a while.
    JanetElizabeth

Comment by JanetElizabeth (original poster) at 7:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My son will be 3 in July. It's been a chore to get him to take him a nap since he was about 2. I've officially given up since last week.
    hill_star03

Answer by hill_star03 at 8:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My dd is almost three, and she still takes naps- 1.5 to 2 hours per day. If I were you, I'd just keep putting him down for a rest period each day.
    Anonymous

• my two stopped at age 2
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 8:19 PM on May. 23, 2011

• They both quit taking daily naps around 3. They're now 4 and 7 and will occasionally take a nap during the day, if they're exhausted. But that is inconsistent, unreliable and unpredictable.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Mine was about 2, but that is the same time he moved to his "big boy bed" and out of the crib. He is 27 months now, he rarely sleeps during naptime but he still goes in his room and plays by himself for a while.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 12:14 AM on May. 24, 2011

• My daughter is also 30 months old and at around 24 months she stopped with naps for a while and became a terror at around 5-6pm..it was awful. I started making it a point to sit with her on our couch around 1-2pm (always after lunch) and i'd tell her that it was naptime. Now she always comes to me around 2pm and tells me she wants to take a nap and she goes down on her own, but I had to get her back into the habit of "napping". Some kids stop napping and are fine, but if your think your daughter still needs a nap its probably a good idea to set a setting around the house for naptime. Put her in her room for quiet time or turn on a movie and close the blinds in the living/tv room and just relax with her and give her the opportunity to fall asleep, which is what I did.
    mileysmom1

Answer by mileysmom1 at 1:11 AM on May. 24, 2011

• around 3
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 1:53 PM on May. 25, 2011