How do you make him understand?....

I am unsure how to make my SO understand what I'm going through and what I'm feeling. To him I'm just a B****. I feel bad, but he doesn't understand that I have sacraficed everything, I didn't plan on getting pregnant. I had to quit my job, Alot of my friends don't have time for me all of a sudden, I can't go out with my friends when they go out bc they go to places where ppl smoke, and I feel like he doesn't understand. He just tells me it's part of being a women.

MommyMJean

Asked by MommyMJean at 8:24 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Well u can't believe his dumb ass because he thinks you're just a "bitch". The only way to make him understand is leave him and find a man who appreciates you and does not degrade you.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 8:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i'm sorry that you had to quit your job...that sucks. the same thing happened to my sister. but anyway, i will say one thing you have to take into consideration. you're pregnant and when you're pregnant sometimes your emotions are reallly crazy. some things may seem like a huge deal to you and not to him (or anyone else). that doesn't mean it's not an issue, but you have to keep your pregnancy hormones in mind. i will say he's right about one thing....it is part of being a woman. making sacrifices for your child is part of being a woman. being supportive to his pregnant so is part of being a man. you can tell him that you know you might make a mountain out of a molehill sometimes and your emotions may be all over the place, but you expect him to man up and be there for you. but anyway, gl and hope he comes around lol.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Whoa- tell him this is not just part of being a woman! Where's his mind- 1950? If you have told him everything you've just said here & he still doesn't get it- then I have to wonder what kind of support you are going to get from him in your relationship & w/ this baby?! You two have to major soul searching to do . I hope things work out for you & your new little bundle. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:30 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Why did you have to quit your job?
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I was a cocktail server and I had to wear a corcett and I didn't think it was appropriate to stay in that environment and be pregnant.
    MommyMJean

Comment by MommyMJean (original poster) at 9:11 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Men don't understand until the baby is born, it's rough but it's a fact. You connect with the baby as soon as you find out you are pregnant because you share the same body... your SO won't understand until your baby is a few months old, he has to get to know the baby first. My DH gave me a really hard time during my first pregnancy also but he is now a fantastic father. You can't make him understand, you just have to wait it out and talk to your mommy friends about it. Sorry girl, I feel for you. =(
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 10:31 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My husband filed for divorce because my hormones were oout of control during the beginning of my pregnancy. I give up on men. You would think with as many guy friends as I have I would understand...good luck hun.
    sugamama3

Answer by sugamama3 at 7:13 AM on May. 24, 2011

• You can not make him understand. Did you know before you got pregnant all that the job entails? What do you expect him to do about it?
    Lexylex

Answer by Lexylex at 8:29 PM on May. 23, 2011