Why does my DH just walk away when I am in the middle of talking to him?

I can be in the middle of talking to him and then he just walks out. We aren't even fighting, it can be about any topic. Its as if I wasn't speaking to begin with and I am actually upset. Its like he'd rather be around his family, since we live with them and they do the same thing to me. Its like I don't exist and the crap hurts. I don't even feel I can talk to him, because then he says I'm overreacting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:27 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Wow and you married this guy?????

Men are stupid...when my momma told me that you had "to train your man" at the time I did not understand...

BUT now I do.... There is no communication between the two of you, you made that clear...

Without communication all you have is an empty nest...

Before you start sleeping with the mailman...(just joking...maybe not :)) Something needs to be done...
    or divorce court is in your future.
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:05 PM on May. 23, 2011

• my husband just starts talking when i'm in the middle of saying something. like as if i'm not saying anything. i agree, it does hurt. it makes me feel ignored and i tell him that all the time. i know in my heart he does it because he feels like i don't have anything important to say. he denies it, but hey actions speak louder than words. i lecture him about it and he has gotten a little bit better, but i don't really know how to break this habit. it's hard to break something you've done for a long time (especially if they don't see anything wrong with it!) gl hun
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:33 PM on May. 23, 2011

• He has no respect for you and really has no interest in what you have to say.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:51 PM on May. 23, 2011

• My DH does the same thing and interrupts, it is so annoying. But since you said his whole family does it too (as do my in-laws) it might just be how he was raised. I brought it up to my DH when he did it before, without raising my voice or nagging, and now he doesn't do it so often anymore.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 10:24 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Mine does that sometimes, or he interrupts. When he gets like that I sometimes stop talking to him for a while and he gets the point.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:37 AM on May. 24, 2011

• Stop talking to him. If you have to, just use one word sentences. Eventually he'll start asking you what's wrong. That's when you let him know "well, I figured you would just walk out while I was in mid sentence, so I didn't bother". It will either get your point across or start an argument. Either way, you'll be talking.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 8:37 PM on Jun. 2, 2011