Should i just let it sit? wwyd?

i was leaving to go to work yesterday..when all of a sudden the cat puked. i picked up the mess but told my husband he could scrub the spot on the carpet. he said he would. I was actually being nice even picking up the puke because the cats are his job and his mess to deal with. Well, i come home and the stain on the carpet is still there...along with the carpet cleaner i left sitting in the floor next to it. i left it there all day today to. how long do you ladies think i should leave it sitting there? am i being silly..should i just scrub the floor? I feel like my husband thinks its my responsibility to do everything in the house. i don't think so.

shay1130

Asked by shay1130 at 8:39 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I actually probably would have cleaned it since I had already picked it up.
    amber1330

Answer by amber1330 at 8:42 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Why didn't you say something to your DH about it?

Answer by louise2 at 8:44 PM on May. 23, 2011

• i probably wouldve scrubbed it too if i wasnt on my way out the door.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:45 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I would get rid of the cats.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I am thinking he is being stubborn and in his own way sending a message of "screw you". jmo! I too have a husband like this and sadly, you have to nag him with your words to get it done your way. GL!
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 8:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• louise 2...i'm thinking about it. i really feel like snapping. its little shit like this that we fight about.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Another thing you might try that may get his attention- a job that you guys have already established as yours you could just not do and give him a taste of his own medicine.
    Danishlady

Answer by Danishlady at 8:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Walk in between him and whatever LAME TV show he's watching (or just turn it off), hand him the cleaner and a scrubber and "remind" him firmly that he has some chores to do.

I've done this to my husband several times. It pisses him off to no end, but he does his chores without much complaint because he knows when I do that I'm ready to bash his head in with a board.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 8:53 PM on May. 23, 2011

• rosehawk..i don't know if i'm that bold. we would be fighting for days...he would gve me the cold shoulder for days, anyways.
    shay1130

Comment by shay1130 (original poster) at 8:56 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'd ask him why he didn't do it after he said he would. He may have just forgot about it. As for the cleaner sitting here, often we think that we are making something obvious, or assume that men are noticing something when often they overlook it entirely.

heck, DH told me about a study that was done with a woman that had very dark hair, her hair was gradually dyed a lighter color little by little. It wasn't until she was the lightest shade of blond that her husband asked "didn't your hair used to be a little bit darker?"

Friends have told me about putting flowers on the table and then the DH wants applause for being so observant when he finally notices them.........4 months later!

Just talk to him and see what the deal is and go from there. Don't assume too much at this point. No reason to get upset over something that may just be a big nothing.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 10:04 PM on May. 23, 2011