Don't know if you all know about Joplin MO or not, just drove through there on our way back home!

My DH, DS, and I went to Branson this weekend, and last night was so scary, sirens going off everywhere, anyway we drove home through Joplin and saw several ambulances who were able to rescue people from the rubble. At the gas station we met a man who was crying, and we asked what we could do, he came from St. Loius to look for his sister and her daughter, he had not heard from them after the tornado.. Say a prayer for all the families out there who are missing people. There was no cell phone service for about 100 miles each way still today, and I know people must be terrified for their loved ones,, With all of the drama on Cafe Mom, we should all be thankful today that we have our families still with us!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 8:45 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes we have family that live in Joplin and 10mins away in Carthage. We have two family memebers that have lost their homes and some that havent lost theirs but so far all family memebers are safe and accounted for. It was so scary for awhile not knowing if they where ok! And we use to live in Carthage so we know Joplin well! So sad to see all the destruction there and the lives turned up side down!!
    mom2wy

Answer by mom2wy at 8:48 PM on May. 23, 2011

• They are in my prayers. I can not even begin to imagine what they are going through.
    pookiekins34

Answer by pookiekins34 at 8:46 PM on May. 23, 2011

• They are in my prayers, so sorry this happened! I am glad your folks are okay, mom2wy!
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 9:25 PM on May. 23, 2011

• If anyone is praying, please consider all those that will be in the bullseye tomorrow, when the storms will be worse than yesterday.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 9:50 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I'm originally from that area (Cassville to be exact). So far, I haven't heard if any friends were caught in it. The one friend I know who lives there, her family is OK.

If you have type O blood, they are in desperate need!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:21 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Oh, and pass this along (got from my mom off FB):

REPOST: For those of you that are looking for loved ones, try these numbers. Joplin Memorial Hall 417-623-3254, McCauly School 417-624-9320 and Freeman Hospital 417-347-6656. These are all set up as Triage Centers and remember to try back if they do not have the name on the list, because the list changes
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 11:22 PM on May. 23, 2011

• I couldn't imagine going thru something like that. It's terrible.
    GomezMami2908

Answer by GomezMami2908 at 11:27 PM on May. 23, 2011

• SOOO sad! And I was worried about MY problems.. I wish I had some way to help.. Its so sad to see so much pain in such a small town.
    Momma2be11

Answer by Momma2be11 at 12:28 PM on May. 24, 2011

• Mom2way, i am so thankful that your relatives are all right, I am sorry about the loss of their homes, but thankful the have their lives, I will say a special prayer for them tonight, I have not been able to get the man at the gas station off of my mind.
    kimigogo

Comment by kimigogo (original poster) at 9:53 PM on May. 23, 2011