IS THIS POSSIBEL IN TEXAS??

IS IT POSSIBEL FOR A SIXTEEN YEAROLD TO GET MARRRIED WITH A 20 YEAR OLD IN TEXAS??? I WAS JUST WONDERING CAUSE IVE HEARD ABOUT GIRLS THAT DO THA BUT I DINT KNO IF ITS LEGAL.....IS IT???

THANKS!!

I KNO I JUST POSTED THIS BUT I FORGOT SAY THAT MY NICE IS TRYING TO DO THAT AND SHE IS BARELY TURNING SIXTEEN AND HER BOYFRINED IS TURNING 21....YES SHE DOES HAVE PARENTAL CONSENT....I WAS JUST WONDERING I DINT THINK THIS WAS LEGALY ALLOWED!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 8, 2008 in Relationships

• If you have parental consent sure its legal. why not? if she tried to do it w/out consent it would not be. my sister got married when she was 16. my mom signed consent for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Actual TX Law:

The age is 18 without fconsent from a parent or your legal guardian. If under the age of 16, the law requires that the couple receives a court order before being allowed to marry.

Yes, your niece is 16yrs old and can get married with parental consent.
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 11:51 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• heck she could marry a 50 yr old as long as a parent signed off on it!
    Anonymous

• If her parents sign the consent as soon as she is 16 she can be married
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:55 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I am not sure but I believe if the parents says it is ok I don't see why not this can not happen.
    They are blinded right now, I pray it works out for them they are still young.
    Young people are going to do what they want nothing will stop them and then they find out by themselves of the ups and downs of life.GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 12:33 PM on Dec. 8, 2008

• With parental consent she can get married legally. But she can't get a tattoo. lol Interesting huh?
    Geminus

Answer by Geminus at 12:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008