Was I in the wrong, or was she? adult content

We live close to my parents. They were wanting to go to Lowes but asked us to go over to there house and sit because a guy from the TV company was coming over soon and they wanted someone there. While there she calls and asks me to get dh to get a coupon she forgot and drive it over to Lowes. At first I was hesitant because we don't have much gas and we have to make it last the rest of the week, so I asked her if she could just not use it, but she wanted to, so I got dh to go get the coupon and I paused to read it out loud to make sure it was the right one and I read out loud "Twenty-five dollars---" and she cut me off and said "Nevermind, just forget about it and hung up on me."
Then she calls back 15 minutes later and asks if my dh left yet and I said "No, you cut me off mid-sentence, misunderstood me and told me to forget about it." Then she gets pissy over that and says "Well thanks a lot." She had a major attitude with everything she said, and I said "YOU are the one who said nevermind. I don't play head games. You don't tell me nevermind and still expect me to do something. I take things like that literally."
It bugs the hell out of me when people play head games, then get mad because you can't read their mind.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:50 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• I don't think you were wrong, if she said nevermind then I would have taken it literally also and assumed she didn't want it anymore.
    lisalmeyer86

Answer by lisalmeyer86 at 10:10 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Wait... are you talking about my mother?
    haha sorry sounds sooo like something my mom would do and then get all pissy about it later. You're right for taking her literally, she shouldn't have cut you off mid sentence. Rude.
    marine_wife0520

Answer by marine_wife0520 at 8:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Her. Go you for standing up for yourself.
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 8:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Just ignore her. Some people just can't be pleased. And when things don't work their way then they dump on someone just because they don't have anyone to give "it" to. So instead of just being dissapointed like a big girl and dealing with it, she decided to direct it at you instead. It's really her issue to deal with.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 8:55 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she is in the wrong you were already doing her a favor as it was by even being there much less running around. she shouldn't have told you never mind then still expected you to do it.... she should have come back home and got it her self!!!

traren

Answer by traren at 8:58 PM on May. 23, 2011

• She is .
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 8:52 PM on May. 23, 2011

• No she was wrong.

Answer by louise2 at 8:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• she is wrong.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 8:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• She was. Anyway, it's the same distance for you or her, so why couldn't she drive back and get the coupon?
    onethentwins

Answer by onethentwins at 9:20 PM on May. 23, 2011

• Onethetwins, that's what my dh said.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:22 PM on May. 23, 2011