Mom in the city.....

My family and i are from a small town in central Cali. I am considering moving to a big city like around the Bay Area......

Has anyone done the big city switch? what were the ups & downs?

sassy_brizzy

Asked by sassy_brizzy at 8:50 PM on May. 23, 2011 in Travel

• It's all about what you make of it. If you get out of the house, get active at your kids' school, use meetup.com to find like minded folks, you will do fine. It can be hard to find a new doctor, hairstylist, babysitter, etc. So I recommend joining a church to make a new community for your family in a bigger place. This way, you can re-create a new family of friends for yourself! There will be more stress and crime in a bigger place, but better shopping, more opportunities to do stuff and have experiences. I live rural now, but I miss having a 24 hr pharmacy 5 minutes away, and lots of places to get delivery from. But I don't miss the crazy pace of life in a big place, I like it slow, I like knowing my neighbors and most of the people in town. It's a trade off, but you can enjoy a big place!
    dwmom2008

Answer by dwmom2008 at 10:18 AM on May. 24, 2011